help with BF model ID

Duane & Marlene IVERSEN

Jul 25, 2024, 7:28:05 PM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to y...@bikefriday.com
Hi,
A year or so ago I purchased a used Bike Friday.  I was looking for something I could fold down and place in the bed of my pickup when we travel.  The bike really does not fit me well so I've decided to sell.  Problem is - what model am I listing.  I'm including some pics.  To start with the serial # or frame # A001.  Says "tourist" on seat tube, buy definitely not a New World Tourist.  Kind of looks like a "Silk", but I really don't know.  Thought it might have some value to a BF collector.  Any interest in the bike, or info. regarding the bike would be appreciated.  I'm asking $700.
Thanks.
Duane

Duane & Marlene IVERSEN

Jul 25, 2024, 7:38:28 PM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to y...@bikefriday.com

Paul Webb

Jul 26, 2024, 2:15:35 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to Bike Friday Yak!, dnmiv...@comcast.net
That is an interesting one.  Having the hinge in front of the bottom bracket would suit single-speed or hub drive configurations and the cantilevered rear stays would have solved the problem of fitting and replacing a belt drive.   The A001 number and fairly random "Tourist" decal makes me think that it was a bit of "test mule" as part of BF's development of bikes with belt drive (like the Silk) although it is no longer set up that way.

A bit of google work suggests that "Rainy Day Adkins" does (or did) live in Eugene, so could have worked for Bike Friday.

I've had a pre-production BF in the past , so these mixed Bike Fridays as they've worked through development do come up.

Anything more specific is probably going to be have to come from the original owner or someone like Walter L.

Paul