The next BF Evangelist!

Lynette Chiang (Galfromdownunder)

Mar 29, 2022, 3:00:34 PM3/29/22
to y...@bikefriday.com
Re: https://bikefriday.com/our-story/careers
For anyone interested in this gig, here’s a bit of background on the hijinks committed by some BF imposter from over a decade ago that might be useful background reading… 😂  but everyone brings their own special sauce to the table, and it’s a whole new biking, commuting and communing world out here, right?  😘 I mean, now there’s TikTok, AR and the Metaverse… Augmented evangelism here you come!   https://www.fastcompany.com/1649094/24-7-customer-evangelist-decade-across-dining-room-table

Lynette Chiang / Words + Video + Intent  / galfromdownunder.com / chelseagallerista.com
/ Author of The Handsomest Man in Cuba / handsomestmanincuba.comInventor of the Traffic Cone Bag™ trafficconebag.com / Phone 541-513-7711 (USA)

Karen Saltus

Mar 29, 2022, 3:27:36 PM3/29/22
to Lynette Chiang (Galfromdownunder), y...@bikefriday.com
Hi Lynette,
I hope you are well!!
Karen

__o
_ `\ <._
( * )/ ( * )
^^~~^~~~^^^~~^

'Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world.”  Susan B. Anthony

Mar 30, 2022, 2:10:58 AM3/30/22
to Bike Friday Yak!, galfromd...@gmail.com
Hi Lynette,

Good to hear from you!   Fascinating to find that Bike Friday finally realises that you need you (that is, your role) again.  The job description omits to say that the ideal candidate should be an extrovert!

Andrew

j...@econet.org

Mar 30, 2022, 1:35:23 PM3/30/22
to y...@bikefriday.com
> I mean, now there’s TikTok, AR and the Metaverse…

=v= Everything I've seen from "the Metaverse" shows goofy
animations floating in air, with nothing from the waist down.
This would present a challenge for bicycling, I think.

Walter Lapchynski

Mar 30, 2022, 1:58:37 PM3/30/22
to Jym Dyer, Bike Friday Yak!
If only we could swap out Zuckerberg with Stephenson, how much better Meta may have been. It, at least, would have been more entertaining.

--
another great conversation from the Bike Friday Yak!
---

Walter Lapchynski
Sales Consultant | Information Services Assistant
Green Gear Cycling dba Bike Friday
office +1 541-687-0487 | cell +1 541-995-0541

Lynette Chiang

May 30, 2024, 2:41:28 PMMay 30
to Bike Friday Yak!, Lynette Chiang
I can’t recall if I ever shared this (and stop reading if I did), but stumbling upon old emails and links I came across this “timeline” of Friday history 2000-2009 I cobbled together when I worked there, now buried on the Wayback machine (web archive): https://web.archive.org/web/20101213115832/http://bikefriday.com/decadeoffridays
Many links are broken - as happens in that tomb of memories - but in case you’re a newer BF owner interested in seeing what went down that decade, feel free to pedal down the rabbit hole... (I don't seem to have permission to start new posts, so I'm replying on an old thread that's vaguely relevant)....

Ray Chong

May 30, 2024, 2:59:10 PMMay 30
to Bike Friday Yak!
Some interesting stuff. Thank you for sharing!
(And now I know who designed the headbadge...well done!)

-Ray

Ray Chong
Seattle, Washington, USA

--
another great conversation from the Bike Friday Yak!
---

Lynette Chiang (Galfromdownunder)

May 30, 2024, 10:23:51 PMMay 30
to Ray Chong, Bike Friday Yak!
Thank you for reading!
I think of you click around the sidebar oh that web archive you’ll stumble on some great history. How long have you been a customer, Ray? And what Friday(s) did you buy? I’m a tikit/PRP (Petite) gal!

Lynette Chiang / Words + Video + Intent  / www.galfromdownunder.com
/ Author of The Handsomest Man in Cuba / www.handsomestmanincuba.comInventor of the Traffic Cone Bag™ www.trafficconebag.comPhone 541-513-7711 (USA)

On May 30, 2024, at 2:59 PM, Ray Chong <xina...@gmail.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Bike Friday Yak!" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/bikefriday.com/d/msgid/yak/CAGNJEapbBsAzZee_Kb7muQ0tAn%3D0-Q9RfJz_X01Y2fp1t-HW9w%40mail.gmail.com.

Gregory Behie

May 30, 2024, 10:25:23 PMMay 30
to Lynette Chiang, Bike Friday Yak!
Very nice, with tons of information!

Thank you from Rhode Island.

Greg

John S. Allen

Jun 2, 2024, 10:13:13 AMJun 2
to Bike Friday Yak!
If you click on the archived links to YouTube, you'll come up with the page for the video but the video pane will be blank. .The Internet Archive does not save videos -- just too much bandwidth! However, if you go to the Bike Friday channel on YouTube, you'll find most of them there. Go to https://www.youtube.com/@bikefriday/videos and then scroll down, down, down for the old ones. Many are also accessible through playlists.

On 5/30/2024 10:23 PM, Lynette Chiang (Galfromdownunder) wrote:
Thank you for reading!
I think of you click around the sidebar oh that web archive you’ll stumble on some great history. How long have you been a customer, Ray? And what Friday(s) did you buy? I’m a tikit/PRP (Petite) gal!

Lynette Chiang / Words + Video + Intent  / www.galfromdownunder.com
/ Author of The Handsomest Man in Cuba / www.handsomestmanincuba.comInventor of the Traffic Cone Bag™ www.trafficconebag.comPhone 541-513-7711 (USA)

--
John S. Allen

CyclingSavvy Instructor
League Cycling instructor
Author, Bicycling Street Smarts
Technical Writer and Editor, sheldonbrown.com