Swytch kit

Carl Hemmings

Nov 26, 2022, 12:29:55 AM11/26/22
to y...@bikefriday.com
Anybody used a Swytch Bike battery kit on there NWT, and does the 100 mm front hub battery body, fit inbetween the forks?

Josh Brown

Nov 26, 2022, 1:24:34 AM11/26/22
to Carl Hemmings, Bike Friday Yak!
Not that I've used this particular battery kit but the spacing on my NWT has an OLD of 100mm in the front and if yours does then I'd say yes.

--
another great conversation from the Bike Friday Yak!
---

Squire Black

Dec 13, 2022, 11:19:50 PM12/13/22
to Bike Friday Yak!, joshm...@gmail.com, Bike Friday Yak!, guyfromd...@gmail.com
I bought a Swytch kit for my wife's Pocket Rocket.   Hence, mine is a 451 wheel, not a 406.  But the hub spacing will still be 100mm, so you should not have any trouble.

Note that I did have to file the sides of the axle that came with the Swytch kit, got get it to fit in the front dropouts.  This is actually good, because you can make sure that the wheel fits snugly in the fork blades.  This is essential, to stop the axle from rotating.

Incidentally, my wife didn't like the whole electric bike thing, so my Swytch kit will be for sale, as soon as I take it off her bike.  Send me an email if you are interested.

Andrew Black
Portland, OR

Message has been deleted