[BayDualEnrollmentCoP] Jumpstart: Setting Goals to Drive Equitable Dual Enrollment Participation in California’s Community Colleges (Report and Data Tool)

Mallory Stevens

Dec 16, 2021, 9:15:43 PM12/16/21
to dualenro...@baccc.net
This report from EdTrust-West. I'm looking forward to the webinar on 2/23. I hope you'll consider registering too!

Here is the information that they just released:

We are excited to share that today, the Education Trust–West released our report Jumpstart: Setting Goals to Drive Equitable Dual Enrollment Participation in California’s Community Colleges, and accompanying data mapping tool. Join us for our upcoming webinar on these data tools on Wednesday, 2/23 at 4pm – register here.

The report analyzes data from the community colleges across the state to see if they’re equitably serving Black, Native, and Latinx students through dual enrollment – we find that they are not yet doing so.  In the report, we outline a policy and practice agenda that K-12 and community college leaders can implement to jumpstart efforts for more equitable dual enrollment practices.

Our accompanying data tool visually represents the levels of racial equity in dual enrollment across CA’s high school and community college districts. This is a great tool for local education leaders to evaluate the level of racial representation in their dual enrollment programs.

Please join us in circulating the report and data tool in your network – feel free to retweet to your social. We look forward to continuing to partner together in ensuring that education leaders ensure that there is more equitable access to dual enrollment across the state in the coming year!

--
It is not beyond our power to create a world in which all children have access to a good education. In my travels all over the world, I have come to realize that what distinguishes one child from another is not ability, but access. Access to education, access to opportunity, access to love. -- Nelson Mandela

Mallory J. Stevens, EdD | Pathways Support Consultant
Bay Region | Hosted by Contra Costa Community College District (4CD)