[BayDualEnrollmentCoP] Webinar on Dual Enrollment and Equitable Completion

1 view

Mallory Stevens

Oct 22, 2021, 4:42:35 PMOct 22
to dualenro...@baccc.net
College Futures foundation is offering a webinar discussing the research I sent out earlier this week at Tuesday, October 26 at 11:00am PT.

Enjoy and have a great weekend!

Mallory

Have issue viewing this email? Click here

October 2021

Join us on 10/26 for a Webinar on Dual Enrollment and Equitable Completion

Join us Tuesday, October 26 at 11:00am PT, for an in-depth discussion of new research by Public Policy Institute of California and Wheelhouse: The Center for Community College Leadership and Research at UC Davis that reveals promising early evidence about the potential of dual enrollment.

Dual enrollment has been on the minds of many for good reason: As an opportunity for high school students to enroll in college courses and earn college credit, it holds promise for improving equity in college enrollment and degree completion.

Compelling new evidence from two separate research teams suggests that promise may be paying off. Participation in dual enrollment among California high school students has risen in recent years, as have the number of high schools providing the opportunity, and the number of community college courses offered. Findings from the studies suggest that structured dual enrollment programs, in particular, may play an important role in decreasing equity gaps previously observed across student subgroups and increasing access to higher education for students historically underserved in their paths to and through college.

Dual Enrollment and Equitable Completion Research Webinar is a 90-minute conversation with dual enrollment practitioners, state education leaders, and the researchers leading two of the latest studies on this topic.

This session promises to be a lively conversation about the new dual enrollment findings and next steps on the path toward greater, more equitable college completion for students across California. We hope you will be part of it.

College Futures, 1999 Harrison Street Suite 1900, Oakland, CA 94612, United States

--
It is not beyond our power to create a world in which all children have access to a good education. In my travels all over the world, I have come to realize that what distinguishes one child from another is not ability, but access. Access to education, access to opportunity, access to love. -- Nelson Mandela

Mallory J. Stevens, EdD | Pathways Support Consultant
Bay Region | Hosted by Contra Costa Community College District (4CD)