[jobdevelopercop] Racism Untaught Workshops for Workforce Professionals - July 7 and 8 - registration link

Carrie Portis

May 14, 2021, 7:13:54 PM5/14/21
to jobdeve...@baccc.net

Hi everyone,

Here is the registration link for a special Racism Untaught workshop series for workforce professionals sponsored by the California Workforce Association (CWA)
https://www.tickettailor.com/events/californiaworkforceassociation/524404#

The series will be for two four-hour workshops on July 7 and July 8  from 9am to 1 pm and will focus on racial equity through the lens of Human Centered Design (HCD). (This series is done in partnership with Virginia Hamilton who did a series of HCD workshops for us last summer).

These dynamic workshops will explore issues of race and racism, from the obvious to the invisible. You do not need any training in HCD to attend this workshop.The goal is to help participants learn how to identify systems, artifacts, and experiences that perpetuates elements of racism.

There is room for 60 participants. If there are more than 60 registrations, you will be put on a waiting list. You will be notified of your status upon registration. The workshop is being funded by The James Irvine Foundation, so there is no cost to participants.

I personally am very interested in attending but will be out of town that week. If anyone in our group is able to participate, please let me know, as I'd like to learn about your experience and also how this can inform our work in the region.

Take care,

Carrie

Carrie Portis

Jean O'Neil-Opipari

May 17, 2021, 2:46:31 PM5/17/21
to Carrie Portis, jobdeve...@baccc.net

Hi Carrie,

Thank you for forwarding this amazing opportunity. I signed up!

Jean

Jean O’Neil-Opipari

STEM Program Coordinator

she/her/hers

cell 925-784-0282

Las Positas College

joneil...@laspositascollege.edu

CAUTION: This email originated from outside Chabot Las Positas Community College District. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.