[jobdevelopercop] Upcoming Workshops on Applying UX to Improve Career Services - August 9 and 11

Carrie Portis

Jul 23, 2021, 1:07:46 PM7/23/21
to jobdeve...@baccc.net, Nadler, Kellie
Hello!

I hope you are having a relaxing, fun and restorative summer.  On August 9 and August 11 from 9:30 am - 12:00 pm we'll be holding a two part workshop series on Mapping Student Experiences to Career Services. I hope you can join us. As you are getting ready for a new school year and evolving to respond to these challenging times, we thought this workshop series on how to get the students' experience in the forefront can help.

Christina Tarbell, a User Experience (UX) teacher and researcher, will show us how we can better understand students' experiences and create Journey Maps that can support greater student engagement, improve services and internal alignment ,and strengthen data collection.

The focus of these workshops will be on students' experience in career development and you can use this same approach for employer engagement or any other experience or product, including focusing on students who are often underserved.

After the workshops, with guidance from Christina, I will be assisting colleges who want to create their own Journey Maps (this involves forming a small team to conduct interviews/ qualitative research, mapping what you learn and identifying areas you want to improve). This follow-up opportunity is available to all  and you are also welcome to come to the workshops to just learn and decide at a later point how you would implement this tool. For more information on Journey Maps, please go to this link.

Feel free to pass along this information including to faculty, student advocates or others who may be interested in applying UX to their work. These workshops will also be recorded. And please let me know if you have any questions or need more information.

As many of you know, the field of UX and more broadly Human Centered Design is now commonly used by for-profit companies with great success to create experiences/ products their customers value. I look forward to seeing how you can use this approach.

Take care,
Carrie