[BACCC Dual Enrollment Exchange] Fwd: CLP Dual Enrollment Webinar: Applying for the New State Grants

Mallory Stevens

Feb 23, 2023, 3:48:58 PM2/23/23
to dualenro...@baccc.net
Hi All,

Please see below for a CLP webinar on February 28th on the upcoming Dual Enrollment Opportunities grants.

Mallory
View this email in your browser
Announcement | February 2023
CLP Dual Enrollment Webinar
There's still time to register for the CLP webinar coming up next Tuesday, February 28, from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.

Equitable Dual Enrollment: Applying for the New State Grants

Featuring:
  • Ed Watts, Principal, Arvin High School, 2022-23 California Exemplary Dual Enrollment School
  • Kylie Campbell, Director of Outreach Services and Early College, Kern Community College District, dual enrollment partner of Arvin High School
  • Dr. Naomi Castro, Senior Director, Career Ladders Project
  • Laurencia Walker, Director, Career Ladders Project
Applications for state dual enrollment grants are now open! At this webinar, we’ll review key components of high-quality, equitable dual enrollment and effective practices to build and grow strong dual enrollment partnerships. Many of these are reflected in the California Exemplary Dual Enrollment Award rubric—strong partnerships, equity, integration with college and district plans/frameworks, dual credit, outcomes, pathways, and student supports.

This is also an opportunity to consider how this investment can be integrated with other state initiatives, such as community schools and the pending Golden State Pathways.
(Note: The California Department of Education will be convening a technical webinar about the grant application process on Thursday, February 23 at 4:00 p.m. You can also register for that webinar.)

--
It is not beyond our power to create a world in which all children have access to a good education. In my travels all over the world, I have come to realize that what distinguishes one child from another is not ability, but access. Access to education, access to opportunity, access to love. -- Nelson Mandela