School librarians are teachers of reading.

info storytrail.com

Aug 10, 2021, 5:43:19 PMAug 10
to teacher.libra...@azla.org

Welcome back!

New blog post: Here's how to make the connections.

As school librarians prepare for back-to-school and return to teaching, how do we achieve our capacity to positively impact our school’s learning culture and students’ reading development?

In this post, I make a case for school librarians as teachers of reading. When we make the connection between information literacy and reading proficiency, we can maximize our contributions to classroom teachers’ and students’ success in the coming year. https://tinyurl.com/sllblog080921

http://www.schoollibrarianleadership.com/2021/08/09/school-librarians-are-teachers-of-reading/

Best,

Judi

Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.

Literacies and Libraries Consultant

Co-Chair, Teacher Librarian Division, Arizona Library Association

2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award

Author/Editor:
Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and Courage (Libraries Unlimited, 2021)

Maximizing School Librarian Leadership: Building Connections for Learning and Advocacy (ALA, 2018)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2013)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2012)

Please, Don’t Give Me A Hug!/Por favor, íno me abraces! (2019, 2021)
Ready and Waiting for You (2013)
Read to Me/Vamos a leer (2004)
Sing Down the Rain (1997)

http://storytrail.com