Book Study: Equity and Social Justice

info storytrail.com

Aug 23, 2021, 11:53:56 PM8/23/21
to LM_...@listserv.syr.edu, teacher.libra...@azla.org

Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and Courage Book Study: Chapter 1 Equity written by Erika Long and Suzanne Sherman.

The blog post “Equity and Justice” by yours truly includes a summary of the chapter and vignettes by Ali Schilpp and Sarah Searles and Amber Moser. The blog ends with a reflection question, which we hope you will consider.

You can access the post at: https://tinyurl.com/sllblog082321

http://www.schoollibrarianleadership.com/2021/08/23/equity-and-social-justice/

Best

Judi

Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.

Literacies and Libraries Consultant

Co-Chair, Teacher Librarian Division, Arizona Library Association

2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award

Author/Editor:
Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and Courage (Libraries Unlimited, 2021)

Maximizing School Librarian Leadership: Building Connections for Learning and Advocacy (ALA, 2018)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2013)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2012)

Please, Don’t Give Me A Hug!/Por favor, íno me abraces! (2019, 2021)
Ready and Waiting for You (2013)
Read to Me/Vamos a leer (2004)
Sing Down the Rain (1997)

http://storytrail.com