SLIDE Project Administrator Interviews

info storytrail.com

Feb 17, 2022, 1:50:51 PMFeb 17
to teacher.libra...@azla.org

Dear TLD Colleagues,

The SLIDE project is looking for administrators and school board members to interview about school library staffing. Currently, they do not have ANY Arizona administrators to interview and I think that we need to be part of this important study.

If you know of any district that has either gained or lost school library positions, please send their names and contact information to Deb Kachel -

dka...@antioch.edu

The specifics are in the email below. Thank you for any help you can give!

Sincerely,

Judi

Researchers in our federally-funded grant project are studying the decline or evolving role of school librarians, as well as how this impacts staffing for libraries, learning resources, and instructional technology. Our focus is on how schools decide to staff for these instructional services to students. To that end, we are seeking to interview school or district administrators who made decisions about which positions would be staffed and funded related to libraries, learning resources, and instructional technology and whose schools or districts meet one of these criteria:

  1.  GAINED librarians since 2015-16
  2.  LOST SOME librarians since 2015-16
  3.  LOST ALL librarians since 2015-16

Our research team is especially interested in learning what priorities, experiences, and factors drive these staffing decisions and about any innovative staffing models, whether existing jobs are redefined/combined or new ones created. I hope you are willing to participate. Interviews are conveniently scheduled sometime this school year to work with your schedule, are no longer than one hour via Zoom, and will be confidential. No identifying information about you or your school will be used in our reporting without your permission.

If you are willing to be interviewed during the 2021-22 school year, please click on this link to supply contact info.  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/P27WN38

Remember, we are seeking school administrators or school board members who are responsible for staffing decisions relative to libraries, learning resources, and instructional technology in schools or districts that meet one of the following criteria. You may also invite recently retired administrators or superintendents.

Antioch University Seattle is conducting this nationwide study called SLIDE: The School Librarian Investigation-Decline or Evolution?  https://libslide.org  Antioch's Debra E. Kachel is the Project Director, and Keith Curry Lance of the RSL Research Group is the Principal Investigator.

This project's goal is to better understand current realities, not to advocate for any particular position or staffing model.

Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.

Literacies and Libraries Consultant

2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award

Author/Editor:
Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and Courage (Libraries Unlimited, 2021)

Maximizing School Librarian Leadership: Building Connections for Learning and Advocacy (ALA, 2018)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2013)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2012)

Please, Don’t Give Me A Hug!/Por favor, íno me abraces! (2019, 2021)
Ready and Waiting for You (2013)
Read to Me/Vamos a leer (2004)
Sing Down the Rain (1997)

http://storytrail.com