School Librarians Take Action to Support Public Education

info storytrail.com

Aug 10, 2021, 5:43:14 PMAug 10
to teacher.libra...@azla.org

Political is information included in this email.

Dear TLD List Members,

In my 8/2/21 blog post, I share a state-level advocacy initiative in support of public education in Arizona.

I share how three bills passed by the Legislature in June, 2021, will harm students, educators, and families, including efforts to restore school librarian positions.

Gathering signatures for these three referenda is a way for Arizona school librarians to show our commitment to public education. https://tinyurl.com/sllblog080221

I hope you will sign and join me in collecting signatures to place these three referenda on the 2022 ballot for voters to decide.

Thank you.

Best,

Judi

Judi Moreillon, M.L.S., Ph.D.

Literacies and Libraries Consultant

Co-Chair, Teacher Librarian Division, Arizona Library Association

2019 Scholastic Library Publishing Award

Author/Editor:
Core Values in School Librarianship: Responding with Commitment and Courage (Libraries Unlimited, 2021)

Maximizing School Librarian Leadership: Building Connections for Learning and Advocacy (ALA, 2018)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Elementary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2013)
Coteaching Reading Comprehension Strategies in Secondary School Libraries: Maximizing Your Impact (ALA, 2012)

Please, Don’t Give Me A Hug!/Por favor, íno me abraces! (2019, 2021)
Ready and Waiting for You (2013)
Read to Me/Vamos a leer (2004)
Sing Down the Rain (1997)

http://storytrail.com