September meeting and professional development

Jean Kilker

Aug 19, 2021, 12:35:27 AMAug 19
to teacher.libr...@azla.org

Save the Date

Our first TLD meeting of the 2021-2022 academic year will be held via Zoom on September 22, 2021, at 4:30 p.m. After a brief business meeting, Elizabeth Frerking, school librarian at Rincon/University High School in the Tucson Unified School District, will share a presentation on AASL’s Best Digital Tools for Teaching and Learning.

Link information for Zoom meeting will be sent to you.

Here are a few highlights from summer AZLA board meetings.

The AzLA webpage is redesigned with a new look and software: https://azla.org

AzLA will now be conducting online meetings and professional development, including TLD meetings, with Zoom.

The membership cost has been lowered considerably to $35 for school librarians and school library staff, so please invite your district colleagues to join and get involved! https://www.azla.org/join/

There will not be a conference in Prescott this fall, but other forums are being discussed.

Donna Throckmorton sent out information about state library events.  Also please check their website and attend these valuable workshops. https://azlibrary.gov/all-events

And, please attend the amazing professional development opportunities that AZLA is hosting. Current and recent sessions are linked from the AzLA homepage: https://www.azla.org/

Refoma, the Hispanic Library Association has a current chapter in Tucson.  Get involved and support our Latino students to become school librarians.  Bob Diaz is chapter president.

 https://www.reforma.org/content.asp?admin=Y&contentid=159

We wish you the best reboot and we’re looking forward to reconnecting with you on September 22, 2021. In the meantime, stay safe and well.

Jean Kilker and Judi Moreillon, TLD Co-Chairs

--
Jean Kilker, NBPTS
Teacher-Librarian