[board@azla.org] Fwd: Contact Us Form submitted on Arizona Library Association

1 view

AzLA Manager

May 14, 2022, 1:58:18 PM5/14/22
to AzLA Board, legis...@azla.org

Arizona Library Association
2532 N 4th St #271
Flagstaff, AZ 86004

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Arizona Library Association <ad...@azla.org>
Date: Sat, May 14, 2022 at 9:27 AM
Subject: Contact Us Form submitted on Arizona Library Association
To: <ad...@azla.org>

NameAnnie
LastWicks
Emailawic...@gmail.com
SubjectHB 2161
MessageHello - I just recently rejoined AzLA. I'm a librarian in Tucson and a gay woman. I was wondering if AzLA has put out any guidance for public librarians with regards to AZ HB 2161. I have quite a bit of concern about the law, how it might impact our patrons, and how it might impact our staff (for staff, particularly concerning legal liability with regards to interactions with youth). The attorney representing the organization where I work has given us his opinion on the law via our library director. However, I feel as if his opinion is a very narrow reading of the law (that it only pertains to written records, despite additional terminology in the law to the contrary). Thank you.