Bigger than a Building Campaign

Donna Throckmorton

Aug 19, 2020, 11:06:55 AM8/19/20
to mmo.co...@azla.org

You all probably saw this but I was wondering if it is something that MMO could work on.

Illinois Library Association’s Bigger Than a Building campaign.

Donna Throckmorton
Library Services Consultant
Arizona State Library, Archives and Public Records

Email: dthroc...@azlibrary.gov
Office: 602-542-6257
Fax: 602-542-3260

AzLA Membership, Marketing, & Outreach

Aug 19, 2020, 1:37:36 PM8/19/20
to Donna Throckmorton, mmo.co...@azla.org
That looks great!  Should we roll it into the #WeAreAzLA, or can we use a similar title to what they use?

Walsh, John

Aug 19, 2020, 1:54:40 PM8/19/20
to AzLA Membership, Marketing, & Outreach, Donna Throckmorton, mmo.co...@azla.org
Up to Marketing how to present it. It is kind of what WeAreAzLA is about, celebrating the staff highlights that the library is more than just a building, the catchy title does sound cool though.
John

John Walsh
Director of Library Services
Cochise College

Donna Throckmorton

Aug 19, 2020, 2:48:33 PM8/19/20
to Walsh, John, mmo.co...@azla.org

To me it appears to be a toolkit with advocacy resources more than a social media campaign.  Things that libraries could use to advocate for library support.  Of course, it could also be shared on social media.

Would the MMO committee be interested in working on this as a committee to create the Arizona resources similar to ILA’s toolkit?

Donna Throckmorton

Aug 19, 2020, 2:56:10 PM8/19/20
to Donna Throckmorton, AzLA Membership, Marketing, & Outreach, mmo.co...@azla.org
Hi Donna, good idea, I will add it to the September agenda, thanks, be well and be safe.
John

Shelley Reddy

Aug 19, 2020, 2:57:02 PM8/19/20
to Donna Throckmorton, mmo.co...@azla.org

I agree.  The survey showed us that leaders would like to see more advocacy tools, so this looks like a great option to consider.

Shelley Reddy | Librarian
Fountain Hills Library | 602-652-3255