EDI Study

info storytrail.com

Feb 25, 2021, 8:15:02 PM2/25/21
to e...@azla.org

Share from Judi

From: ALA Connect <DoNot...@ConnectedCommunity.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 6:05 PM
To: info storytrail.com <in...@storytrail.com>
Subject: ALA Members Digest for Thursday February 25, 2021

1 new thread from 1 author in the "ALA Members" community ... Participants Needed for DEI Study ...

American Library Association

ALA Members

Feb 24, 2021

Discussions

started 9 hours ago, Carrie Mastley (0 replies)

Participants Needed for DEI Study   external link to thread view

1.

To Whom It May Concern:  Hello. Our names... Carrie Mastley

1.

Participants Needed for DEI Study

Carrie Mastley

Feb 25, 2021 9:37 AM

Carrie Mastley

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello. Our names are Carrie P. Mastley and Lauren Geiger, academic librarians at Mississippi State University Libraries. Currently, we are conducting a mixed-methods study in order to explore academic library employees' -- specifically at Carnegie Research Institutions and at all ranks (e.g., staff, faculty, administration, etc.) -- attitudes regarding their overall level of satisfaction with the implementation of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives at their place of work.

Participation is minimal and requires the answering of a questionnaire, which should take no longer than 15-20 minutes to complete. Participation is completely voluntary and anonymous, and responses will only be used for scholarly purposes. This research has been reviewed and granted Exempt Determination according to Mississippi State University's Human Research Protection Program (HRPP)/Institutional Review Board (IRB) procedures for research involving human subjects (Protocol ID IRB-20-521).

If you would like to participate in this study, please visit the following link: https://msstate.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1NAkSQQC74yICCF

If you have any questions regarding this study, please feel free to contact us at cmas...@library.msstate.edu and lge...@library.msstate.edu. Any questions regarding the rights of research participants should be directed to Kacey Strickland, Director of Research Compliance & Safety, at kstri...@orc.msstate.edu. Thank you in advance for your time and cooperation and for advancing scholarship in our field!

Best,
Carrie P. Mastley
Assistant Professor/Manuscripts Librarian
Mississippi State University Libraries

Lauren Geiger
Assistant Professor/Metadata Librarian
Mississippi State University Libraries