AzLA Conference Committee Meeting Today

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Holly Henley

unread,
May 27, 2021, 10:10:55 AMMay 27
to AzLA President, conference...@azla.org, AzLA Conference Program Committee, AzLA Professional Development, AzLA Marketing and Membership, AzLA Manager

Thank you, Jack. 

 

I have a schedule conflict and cannot be present today.  Yesterday afternoon, I sent the draft PowerPoint to Ann Marie to share at today’s meeting, and we reviewed it.  Ann Marie will make the changes that you all agree on as a group, and then she’ll send it to you, Jack, to present to the Board.  You may want to send it to the Board, along with the survey results Ann Marie sent out, to read prior to their meeting.

 

It’s pretty text-heavy, but it’s important to give the Board members as much information as possible.  I tried to include all of our points, pro and con, for each option from our shared Google doc, but in a shortened form to fit on one slide per option.  I also ended it with the commitment that we all share to supporting and implementing whatever the Board decides is the best option for AzLA.

 

Since some of the committee members are newer to AzLA and may have not experienced Regional Forums, I thought it might be helpful to attach some sample flyers to see what has been done in different counties through the years.  Also, since I was not able to access the bylaws to see what they currently say about Regional Forums, I attached a draft document from my email files that Dan Stanton wrote while AzLA President that gives a good history and status of Regional Forums as of 2015. 

 

From: list-m...@list.azla.org list-m...@list.azla.org On Behalf Of Dan Stanton
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 2:29 PM
To: allbr...@list.azla.org
Subject: Regional Forum Draft Policy

 

I don’t think I ever sent this out to everyone.  My apologies.

 

Any feedback is appreciated!

 

Dan Stanton

President, Arizona Library Association

Government Information Librarian

Arizona State University

480-965-1798

email: dan...@asu.edu

http://libguides.asu.edu/stanton

@ASUGovDocs

https://lib.asu.edu/govdocs

 

Thanks,

Holly

 

 

A picture containing text, sign

Description automatically generated

Holly Henley 
State Librarian & Director of Library Services, Archives & Public Records
Arizona State Library, Archives & Public Records


Email: hhe...@azlibrary.gov 
Office: 602-542-6181

 

1901 W. Madison St., 2nd  Fl. | Phoenix, AZ | 85009

This message and any messages in response to the sender of this
message may be subject to a public records request.

 

 

From: AzLA President <pres...@azla.org>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 11:14 AM
To: Holly Henley <hhe...@azlibrary.gov>
Cc: Karen Grondin <KAREN....@asu.edu>; Jusdina Nolin <Jusdin...@pima.gov>; Diaz, Joseph R - (jrdiaz) <jrd...@arizona.edu>; AzLA Professional Development <devel...@azla.org>; AzLA Secretary <ad...@azla.org>; AzLA Conference Program Committee <conferenc...@azla.org>; info storytrail.com <in...@storytrail.com>; natalie...@gmail.com; AzLA Marketing and Membership <m...@azla.org>; Scarbrough, Karly <scarb...@cochise.edu>; confe...@azla.org; karen....@asu.edu <ic...@asu.edu>; Matthew Cross <mcr...@ak-chin.nsn.us>; hospi...@azla.org; Castillo, Kimberly Elaine - (kimberlycastillo) <kimberly...@email.arizona.edu>; hannah....@nau.edu; Karrie Wicks <karrie...@chandleraz.gov>; t...@azla.org; Korina Tueller <ktue...@azlibrary.gov>; Danielle Stanley <danielle...@phoenix.gov>; Ann Marie Creegan <ACre...@azlibrary.gov>
Subject: Re: [EXT]Conference Committee Meeting 05/21/21 @ 3pm

 

Hi Hollly,

So hope you are well. Please let me know if you need any help with the presentation. After you finish, please send it to me and I will write up a dialouge to go with it for the board meeting. Live well Holly.

Jack

 

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 10:33 AM Holly Henley <hhe...@azlibrary.gov> wrote:

It seems that our next step as a group is finalizing  the presentation for the board and deciding who will present it at their meeting. Since that was scheduled to take place during a meeting on the 27th at 9, I would agree with not getting together today. 

 

You have all been great to put talking points for our menu of options in the shared Google document. Thank you!  I know all of us want what’s best for AzLA.  It’s just difficult knowing  what will be best in October with so many unknowns at this point. 

 

We will be able to give the board a lot to consider.  This weekend I’ll condense your thoughts  for the PowerPoint slides and finish up a draft. 

 

Unfortunately, an important meeting here has come up that will prevent me from attending on the 27th at 9 am. On my behalf, AnnMarie will go through the final draft with you and make your suggested edits. 

 

Thanks,

Holly

 


From: Karen Grondin <KAREN....@asu.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 8:57 AM
To: Jusdina Nolin <
Jusdin...@pima.gov>; Diaz, Joseph R - (jrdiaz) <jrd...@arizona.edu>; AzLA Professional Development <devel...@azla.org>; AzLA Secretary <ad...@azla.org>; AzLA Conference Program Committee <conferenc...@azla.org>; info storytrail.com <in...@storytrail.com>; natalie...@gmail.com <natalie...@gmail.com>; AzLA Marketing and Membership <m...@azla.org>; Scarbrough, Karly <scarb...@cochise.edu>; AzLA President <pres...@azla.org>; confe...@azla.org <confe...@azla.org>; karen....@asu.edu <ic...@asu.edu>; Matthew Cross <mcr...@ak-chin.nsn.us>; hospi...@azla.org <hospi...@azla.org>; Castillo, Kimberly Elaine - (kimberlycastillo) <kimberly...@email.arizona.edu>; hannah....@nau.edu <hannah....@nau.edu>; Holly Henley <hhe...@azlibrary.gov>; Karrie Wicks <karrie...@chandleraz.gov>; t...@azla.org <t...@azla.org>; Korina Tueller <ktue...@azlibrary.gov>; Danielle Stanley <danielle...@phoenix.gov>; Ann Marie Creegan <ACre...@azlibrary.gov>
Subject: RE: [EXT]Conference Committee Meeting 05/21/21 @ 3pm

 

Honestly, I don’t recall if we had any plans for what would be discussed in a meeting today. I also agree that an agenda and a facilitator would be very helpful if we do meet today (and for our meeting next week?). I cannot take on that role.

 

I think we still need someone to set up the meeting for the 27th. Is there someone who can volunteer to do that?

 

Thanks,

Karen

Karen Grondin (she, her, hers)

Licensing and Copyright Librarian

Licensed Collections

Arizona State University – ASU Library


Forks up™. Masks up.

 

From: Jusdina Nolin <Jusdin...@pima.gov>
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2021 8:48 AM
To: Diaz, Joseph R - (jrdiaz) <
jrd...@arizona.edu>; AzLA Professional Development <devel...@azla.org>; AzLA Secretary <ad...@azla.org>; AzLA Conference Program Committee <conferenc...@azla.org>; info storytrail.com <in...@storytrail.com>; natalie...@gmail.com; AzLA Marketing and Membership <m...@azla.org>; Scarbrough, Karly <scarb...@cochise.edu>; AzLA President <pres...@azla.org>; confe...@azla.org; karen....@asu.edu <ic...@asu.edu>; Matthew Cross <mcr...@ak-chin.nsn.us>; hospi...@azla.org; Castillo, Kimberly Elaine - (kimberlycastillo) <kimberly...@email.arizona.edu>; hannah....@nau.edu; Holly Henley <hhe...@azlibrary.gov>; Karrie Wicks <karrie...@chandleraz.gov>; t...@azla.org; Korina Tueller <ktue...@azlibrary.gov>; Danielle Stanley <danielle...@phoenix.gov>; Creegan, Ann Marie <ACre...@azlibrary.gov>
Subject: RE: [EXT]Conference Committee Meeting 05/21/21 @ 3pm

 

Was the group still meeting today to discuss what would be presented at the 27th meeting though? I can’t remember the dates we decided on but do have it written in my calendar that we would meet next Thursday to discuss the survey results before Friday’s meeting. I agree with Bob though that having a facilitator would help if Karly is still not able to attend. Also, if we all feel there is nothing new to discuss today we could cancel with looking forward to next Thursday’s meeting at 9am.

 

Bob, to answer one of your question’s there was not a cochair this year.

 

Jusdina Nolin-Brown | Youth Services Librarian
Nanini Library | 7300 N. Shannon Rd.

520.594.5365 |jusdin...@pima.gov | www.library.pima.gov

 

From: Diaz, Joseph R - (jrdiaz) <jrd...@arizona.edu>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 5:17 PM
To: AzLA Professional Development <
devel...@azla.org>; AzLA Secretary <ad...@azla.org>; AzLA Conference Program Committee <conferenc...@azla.org>; Jusdina Nolin <Jusdin...@pima.gov>; info storytrail.com <in...@storytrail.com>; natalie...@gmail.com; AzLA Marketing and Membership <m...@azla.org>; Scarbrough, Karly <scarb...@cochise.edu>; AzLA President <pres...@azla.org>; confe...@azla.org; karen....@asu.edu <ic...@asu.edu>; Matthew Cross <mcr...@ak-chin.nsn.us>; hospi...@azla.org; Castillo, Kimberly Elaine - (kimberlycastillo) <kimberly...@email.arizona.edu>; hannah....@nau.edu; Holly Henley <hhe...@azlibrary.gov>; Karrie Wicks <karrie...@chandleraz.gov>; t...@azla.org; Korina Tueller <ktue...@azlibrary.gov>; Danielle Stanley <danielle...@phoenix.gov>; Creegan, Ann Marie <ACre...@azlibrary.gov>
Subject: Re: [EXT]Conference Committee Meeting 05/21/21 @ 3pm

 

CAUTION: This message and sender come from outside Pima County. If you did not expect this message, proceed with caution. Verify the sender's identity before performing any action, such as clicking on a link or opening an attachment.

 

Hello again. I just read over Karen Grondin's update to the Board, sent out on Sunday, and her notes indicate that the conference committee would meet again on Thursday, May 27, to review Holly's powerpoint presentation, so should we cancel the meeting that's scheduled for tomorrow?  Here is Karen's message. I have highlighted the section where she notes that the conference committee will meet again on the 27th. Thanks.

 

Bob Diaz

 

From: AzLA Conference Program Committee <conferenc...@azla.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2021 6:46 PM
To: AzLA Manager <
ad...@azla.org>; Ann Marie Creegan <ACre...@azlibrary.gov>; AzLA Conference Program Committee <conferenc...@azla.org>; Jusdina Nolin <jusdin...@pima.gov>; info storytrail.com <in...@storytrail.com>; Natalie Menges <natalie...@gmail.com>; acre...@azla.org; m...@azla.org; Scarbrough, Karly <scarb...@cochise.edu>; AzLA President <pres...@azla.org>; Danielle Stanley <danielle...@phoenix.gov>; confe...@azla.org; Karen Grondin <karen....@asu.edu>; Matthew Cross <mcr...@ak-chin.nsn.us>; hospi...@azla.org; AzLA Professional Development <devel...@azla.org>; kimberly...@email.arizona.edu; hannah....@nau.edu; Holly Henley <hhe...@azlibrary.gov>; Karrie Wicks <karrie...@chandleraz.gov>; t...@azla.org; Korina Tueller <ktue...@azlibrary.gov>; Diaz, Joseph R - (jrdiaz) <jrd...@arizona.edu>
Subject: Assistance with second survey and your input needed regarding 2021 AzLA Conference

 

Hi everyone,

At last Friday's AzLA Board meeting the decision on whether or not to cancel the 2021 Conference was discussed. I spoke about the results of the survey that was sent on April 20th and the recommendation that the Conference Committee made to cancel the conference this year.

The response to this suggestion was mixed, especially in light of the recently updated guidance by the CDC. Since some members of the Board had to leave the meeting prior to the discussion, the Board plans to hold a special meeting on May 28th to discuss this and other pressing matters. As a result of that meeting, the Conference Committee agreed to send a second survey to help determine if circumstances have changed.

Some members of the conference committee were able to meet last Friday after the Board meeting.  Since only a few members were available, we are asking for help to complete a couple of things. 

 

1. Using the original questions, we drafted a new survey. Please review the draft questions here and add your comments and suggestions. Once we have final questions, the survey will be created using Google Forms. We wish to send the survey out on Wednesday the 19th or Thursday, the 20th at the latest, so please add your comments as soon as possible. 

We will close the survey on Tuesday May 25th and are asking for a volunteer to compile the results. Any takers? Google Forms automatically puts all responses into a Google Sheet that can be exported to Excel if needed.

 

2. Multiple options for the conference were discussed during the Board meeting, and some new ideas were generated during the Conference Committee meeting. In order to assist the board with decision making, we feel it will be helpful to present the board with the pros and cons for each idea. I created another Google Doc, this one called "Pros and Cons for Format Options". Please add any pros and/or cons you have for the formats listed in this doc. 

 

3. Holly Henley graciously agreed to put together a brief PowerPoint presentation for the Board meeting using the results of the new survey and our Pros and Cons document. Thank you Holly! 

 

4. In order to be sure we are prepared for the Board meeting on the 28th, we felt it would be important for the Conference Committee to meet prior to that. We are tentatively scheduling a meeting on Thursday, May 27th from 9-10 am. At that meeting, Holly will share her PowerPoint for our review and we'll talk about strategy for presenting this information. A meeting invitation for May 27th will be sent out soon. 

 

Thank you everyone, for all of your work on this. If I left out anything, please let me know!

 

All the best,

Karen and Jusdina, Program Subcommittee co-chairs

 

 


From: AzLA Professional Development <devel...@azla.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2021 4:32 PM
To: AzLA Secretary <
ad...@azla.org>; AzLA Conference Program Committee <conferenc...@azla.org>; jusdin...@pima.gov <jusdin...@pima.gov>; info storytrail.com <in...@storytrail.com>; natalie...@gmail.com <natalie...@gmail.com>; AzLA Marketing and Membership <m...@azla.org>; Scarbrough, Karly <scarb...@cochise.edu>; AzLA President <pres...@azla.org>; confe...@azla.org <confe...@azla.org>; karen....@asu.edu <ic...@asu.edu>; Matthew Cross <mcr...@ak-chin.nsn.us>; hospi...@azla.org <hospi...@azla.org>; AzLA Professional Development <devel...@azla.org>; Castillo, Kimberly Elaine - (kimberlycastillo) <kimberly...@email.arizona.edu>; hannah....@nau.edu <hannah....@nau.edu>; Holly Henley <hhe...@azlibrary.gov>; Karrie Wicks <karrie...@chandleraz.gov>; t...@azla.org <t...@azla.org>; Korina Tueller <ktue...@azlibrary.gov>; Diaz, Joseph R - (jrdiaz) <jrd...@arizona.edu>; Danielle Stanley <danielle...@phoenix.gov>; Creegan, Ann Marie <ACre...@azlibrary.gov>
Subject: [EXT]Conference Committee Meeting 05/21/21 @ 3pm

 

External Email

FYI--I am doing senior Chromebook returns tomorrow, so I will either be late or not able to attend at all. I believe (and hope) anyone can start the meeting with the provided link.

 

Conference Committee Meeting

When

Fri May 21, 2021 3pm – 4pm Mountain Standard Time - Phoenix

Joining info

Join with Google Meet

meet.google.com/joa-vnvc-kky

Join by phone

(US) +1 224-650-8757 (PIN: 117565536)


Patricia Jimenez, MLIS

AzLA Professional Development Chair

She/Her pronouns

teacher-librarian, Sunnyslope High School


 

--

Respectfully,

Dr. John Walsh

AzLA President

Forum Flyer Final 2012.pdf
2011 AzLA Regional Forum 2011.pdf
AzLA Regional Forum 2010.pdf
Agenda-Forum Flyer 2008.doc
Forum Flyer 2012.pdf
RegionalForum Oversight Draft.docx
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages