May 2022 - What's New for You in Professional Development

1 view

AzLA Professional Development

May 2, 2022, 11:01:20 AM5/2/22

AzLA PD Monthly Webinar Series.

Connecting with Community: Lessons from Arizona Genealogy Day with Kori Tueller, Janelle Breedveld, Brittany Styles, and Linda McCleary

Date: May 12, 2022

Time: 1 pm

Registration Link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-qgV-y59RF6QskKqDZq8IQ

Program Description:

The Arizona State Library, Archives, and Public Records partnered with the Arizona Genealogical Advisory Board to host a free, virtual event, Arizona Genealogy Day, the last two years. Join our presentation on May 12th to learn:

  • What we did and how we did it! You'll get take-away tips, tasks, and timelines that kept us organized during all phases of production.

  • Suggestions on how to highlight your genealogical and local history resources through presentations.

  • Partner up! You'll hear an overview of resources and opportunities to connect to the genealogical community in Arizona and beyond.

  • How to get involved in Arizona Genealogy Day 2023.

We hope to see you there!

Share your expertise and experience. The AzLA Professional Development Committee Monthly Webinar Series is back, and we want you. Submit your webinar proposal here. Submissions will be considered on a monthly basis.

The Professional Development Committee wants to add more voices to our group. If you are ready to help shape the direction of AzLA professional development, contact Lauren Clementino at devel...@azla.org. We are interested in adding librarians from all types of libraries, from all over Arizona.

Want more professional development? Check out the sources below!

$ = This webinar requires a fee

Children and Young Adults

Information Literacy & Teaching

Leadership and Staff Development

Library Outreach, Marketing and Advocacy

Technology & Tech Services

User Services

For a complete listing of webinars, see below:

AZ State Library [for a complete listing]

American Association of School Librarians  [for a complete listing]

American Library Association [For a comprehensive listing see ALA’s E-Learning Catalog]

Listing by ALA Unit

Booklist  [Check out the webinar archives for past classes]

EBSCO has hundreds of webinars in their training center  to choose from each month.

Infopeople [For a comprehensive listing see all upcoming training | archived webinars | on demand--Niche Academy Classes]

Infopeople offers a variety of webinars and self-paced online courses on topics of high interest for library staff. Webinars are free, and the Arizona State Library has purchased a block of registrations for the online courses. Arizona library staff may register for courses by sending an email to Ann Marie Creegan at acre...@azlibrary.gov, containing:

  • The course name and dates

  • Registrant’s name

  • Registrant’s email

  • Library name

  • Library address

  • Library phone number

Library Journal: Online Courses | All Webcasts | School Library Journal Webcasts

Library Juice Academy:  Online Courses

Arizona library staff may register for courses by sending an email to Ann Marie Creegan at acre...@azlibrary.gov, containing:

  • The course name and dates

  • Registrant’s name

  • Registrant’s email

  • Library name

  • Library address

  • Library phone number

Library Juice Academy offers a range of online professional development workshops for librarians and other library staff, focusing on practical topics to build new skills. Workshops are taught asynchronously, so you can participate as your own schedule allows, within a four or six-week period.

LibraryWorks

Medical Library Association

Public Library Association On Demand Webinars

Archived Webinars by Topic:

TechSoup for Libraries [check here for updates]

WebJunction: Search Course Catalog Browse all Webinar Recordings

Access to WebJunction’s self-paced online library courses is now available and free to all library staff members. Simply create an account at http://learn.webjunction.org and then explore the catalog of library-focused courses and archived webinars. Certificates of completion will be available to you for any of the courses or archived webinars you complete from the catalog.

YALSA: Registration | Upcoming Live Webinars | Free Competencies Webinars | Webinars-on-Demand

We appreciate your feedback! Please contact Lauren Clementino (devel...@azla.org) with any questions, comments, or upcoming professional development opportunities you'd like to see featured.

Yours sincerely,

The AzLA Professional Development Committee

Connect with us! Follow us on social media: LinkedIn    Facebook    Twitter     YouTube

Lauren Clementino

AzLA Professional Development Chair

devel...@azla.org

Reference Supervisor

Flagstaff City-Coconino County Public Library

lclem...@flagstaffpubliclibrary.org

928-213-2377