Call for Volunteers: University of Arizona MLIS Resume Review Event

AzLA Manager

Apr 5, 2022, 1:09:37 AM4/5/22
to all.m...@azla.org

Hello everyone – I wanted to reach out and ask for your assistance!  I work with MLIS students at the University of Arizona, and our student organization, the Library & Information Services Organization (LISO) is planning a speed resume review event on April 19th.  This event will take place on zoom and we are hoping to pair up alumni and professionals in the field with a few students over about an hour to do a quick review of resumes and give feedback.  We think this will be a great opportunity for our students to further their professional development!

If appropriate, would you consider sharing the following announcement with staff or those who may be interested?  They can e-mail me directly and I’ll be coordinating volunteers with our LISO team and can follow up with more details about the event.

I greatly appreciate it!

Calling Library Professionals!

The Library & Information Student Organization (LISO) at the University of Arizona is hosting a rapid résumé review event on Tuesday, April 19th at 5:00pm.  This event is for current graduate students in the MLIS program to get quick professional feedback on their résumé.  We are seeking library professionals and alumni who are willing to volunteer for the event and help with résumé reviews.  The commitment will be short, around 1 hour, and the event will be hosted on zoom.  We hope this will be a great way to help the next generation of library leaders!

If you are available and interested in participating, please e-mail Holly Brown at bro...@arizona.edu.  Thank you!

Current students can Make an Appointment on Trellis

Holly B. Brown

bro...@arizona.edu

Manager, Graduate Programs

University of Arizona