Call for AzLA Leadership Candidates

AzLA President

Jun 17, 2021, 3:17:17 PMJun 17
to all.m...@azla.org
Hi
So hope everyone is well.
The Arizona Library Association annual elections will be held in October this year. We are excited about the future and we hope you are too! This year, we need candidates to fill the vacancies in several important leadership positions, President, President-elect, Secretary, Treasurer, Central Regional Representative, Northern Regional Representative, and Mountain Plains Library Association (MPLA) Representative. The AzLA Handbook is attached to this email and includes the job duties of each position.

President is a two year time commitment. The successful candidate will move into the role of Past President in the Fall of 2022. Job duties for this position can be found on page 3 of the handbook.

President-elect is a  three year time commitment. The successful candidate will move into the role of President in Fall 2021 and then Past-President in Fall 2022. Job duties for this position can be found on page 4 of the handbook.

Secretary is a two year time commitment. Job duties for this position can be found on page 6 of the handbook.

The Central and Northern Representatives are a two year time commitment.  Job duties for this position can be found on page 8 of the handbook.

The MPLA Representative are a three year time commitment.  Job duties for this position can be found on page 10 of the handbook.

If you are interested in advocacy for libraries and making a difference in the lives of staff and the community, email us a letter of interest. Include information about your experience, education, special passions, and why you believe you are the best candidate. The letter should have a minimum of 300 words and include a photo of yourself.

The deadline for submission is Friday, September 4th by 5pm. If you have questions, please contact John Walsh at pres...@alza.org

--
Respectfully,
Dr. John Walsh