BASE reaches 2000th repository

Peter Suber

Aug 24, 2011, 11:23:42 PM8/24/11
to SOAF post, BOAI Forum post
[Forwarding from Dirk Pieper, via the AmSci OA Forum.  --Peter Suber.]

Dear all,

we are happy to announce that BASE (www.base-search.net) has reached another
milestone with integrating the 2000th repository.

This means that we have now successfully reduced the backlog of already
harvested repositories, which were not yet indexed in BASE, caused by the
migration from Fast to Lucene/Solr earlier this year.

About BASE:

BASE is a multi-disciplinary search engine for academically
relevant OAI-Sources which was created and developed by Bielefeld University
Library.  BASE is one of the biggest OAI-Search-Engines and includes some 31
million documents originating from more than 2.000 repository servers.

Please find more information in our blogs:

ub.unibi.de/oaiblog
ub.unibi.de/baseblog

Follow us:
twitter.com/#!/BASEsearch