BJR set to transform orthopaedics

Peter Suber

Dec 16, 2011, 2:45:01 PM12/16/11
to SOAF post
[Forwarding from the British Editorial Society of Bone and Joint Surgery.  --Peter Suber.]

Dear Peter Suber,

I thought you might be interested to learn that The British Editorial Society of Bone and Joint Surgery, publishers of JBJS (Br), has just announced the the launch of Bone & Joint Research (www.bjr.boneandjoint.org.uk), a new open access journal.

Bone & Joint Research gives researchers and developers a new way to reach the global orthopaedics community more effectively. It also offers readers the latest frontline research and is completely free to access online.

Editor-in-Chief, Andy Carr, Nuffield Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Oxford, UK and founder of the Botnar Research Centre, explains “we believe open access is the way forward with this journal; instant online access to knowledge is what people expect.”  He continues, “As a researcher myself I’m excited about the potential this journal offers our community to share our work with the world. Publishing in BJR provides you the opportunity to become part of a new wave of authors. We will publish to the same high standards as JBJS (Br) and I believe the journal will quickly gain a reputation as a major new force in transforming the musculoskeletal sciences.”

Bone & Joint Research is now open for submissions, including clinical and translational laboratory studies as well as studies from the device and pharmaceutical industries at http://orthodox.jbjs.org.uk.

The journal is now live at www.bjr.boneandjoint.org.uk
To review for us or to become a part in this important open access movement email us at reviewer@bonejointresearch.org.uk

I do hope this is of interest; please let me know if you would like to run a news item on this and/or need any more information.

Best wishes,

Jennie Johnson, TBI Communications
Tel: +44 1865 875896