New Theology Review goes open access with the library as publisher

1 view

Omega Alpha Open Access

Jun 22, 2012, 2:03:20 PM6/22/12
to go...@eprints.org, sparc-...@arl.org
Greetings. I have updated my blog <http://oaopenaccess.wordpress.com> for your interest. Your comments are always welcome.

New Theology Review goes open access with the library as publisher
<http://wp.me/p20y83-kM>

Melody Layton McMahon is director of the Paul Bechtold Library at the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago, Illinois. She is also Critical Reviews Editor for the open access journal Theological Librarianship—a publication of the American Theological Library Association. Earlier in May, Ms. McMahon posted this announcement (excerpt) to the ATLANTIS email listserv:

The Paul Bechtold Library of Catholic Theological Union is now going to be the publisher of New Theology Review. New Theology Review was published by Liturgical Press as a publication of both Washington Theological Union (WTU) and Catholic Theological Union (CTU), but now the Paul Bechtold Library will be publishing it as an online, open access journal. (Some of you may be subscribers to the past print version; you will be receiving a letter soon that details plans.) I am very happy to be able to act on what I have been preaching for a number of years now, and I have convinced our administration that by being open access we can spread the Word around the world, particularly in the many areas where our students and alums live and work.

I was interested to follow-up with Ms. McMahon, not only to get the story about this former subscription journal moving to open access, but also to hear more about her library assuming the role of journal publisher. McMahon is co-editor (appointed just March 8 of this year) of New Theology Review, and as library director she will also be its publisher…

Gary F. Daught
Omega Alpha | Open Access
oa.openaccess @ gamil.com