eLife invests in Texture to provide open-source content production tools for publishers

Emily Packer

Feb 28, 2019, 7:29:48 AM2/28/19
to SPARC OA Forum
[With apologies for cross-posting]

Hi All,

eLife is pleased to announce today our investment in the development of Texture, bringing us closer to our open-source, end-to-end publisher workflow.

Texture, which was originally created by Substance and has been supported by members of the Substance Consortium, is an open-source toolset for the editing and production of manuscripts, designed to be integrated into publishers' editorial and content-delivery systems.

We have invested in developing the tool to support our own open-source publishing platform, but – as with all our other open-source projects – any new features will be added in such a way that they can be repurposed by other publishers.

For further details, please see the full announcement at https://elifesciences.org/for-the-press/ca18fdae/elife-invests-in-texture-to-provide-open-source-content-production-tools-for-publishers.

If you'd like more information, please don't hesitate.

Best wishes,

Emily

--

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address Westbrook Centre, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG.