Introducing eLife’s first computationally reproducible article

Emily Packer

Feb 28, 2019, 7:29:48 AM2/28/19
to SPARC OA Forum
[With apologies for cross-posting]

Hi All,

Following our announcement last week about eLife's investment in Texture, I thought you might like an update on another project that we're working on with Substance, and also Stencila: the Reproducible Document Stack (RDS).

The RDS project involves the development of an open-source technology stack aimed at enabling researchers to publish reproducible manuscripts through online journals.

Now, eLife has – in collaboration with Substance, Stencila and Tim Errington from the Center for Open Science, US – published our first reproducible article, based on one of Errington’s papers in the Reproducibility Project: Cancer Biology. This reproducible version of the article showcases some of what’s possible with the new RDS tools.

For further details about this work, please see our latest eLife Labs post at https://elifesciences.org/labs/ad58f08d/introducing-elife-s-first-computationally-reproducible-article.

Any publishers interested in reproducible articles should feel free to contact us. All of the tools and technologies behind the RDS project are open, and we welcome the opportunity to help other publishers offer reproducible articles to their own authors and readers.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you'd like more information.

Best wishes,

Emily

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address Westbrook Centre, Milton Road, Cambridge, CB4 1YG.