OpenStax Author/Reviewer needs

Nicole Finkbeiner

Sep 27, 2017, 11:40:10 AM9/27/17
to sparc-...@arl.org
(apologies for cross-posting)

Hello everyone!

OpenStax is in the beginning stages of developing a business series (expected publication in 2019)!

All OpenStax, Rice University OER texts are expert-written, peer-reviewed, match standard scope and sequence, and meet the same quality standards as traditional publisher texts. Currently, our texts are used in over 10% of introductory courses in the U.S. (per 2016 Babson Survey).

Faculty who author/contribute/peer-review the texts receive compensation (the contact below can provide details).

Can you please forward this to your faculty?

I’ve also included some details below on some upcoming webinars we are hosting.

I hope you all have a good day!
Nicole

Author/Reviewer needs
Please ask faculty to reach-out to the contact listed for each book vs. emailing me.

Principles of Accounting
Contributing Authors (chapter writers, feature writers)
Reviewers (core, expert, generalist, accuracy verification)
Art Consultant
Contact: Alisha McCarthy, amcc...@wisewire.com

Entrepreneurship
Contributing Authors (chapter writers)
Reviewers (core, expert, generalist)
Contact: Alisha McCarthy, amcc...@wisewire.com

Business Ethics
Contributing Authors (chapter writers)
Reviewers (expert, generalist)
Contact: Alisha McCarthy, amcc...@wisewire.com

Principles of Management
Chapter Reviewers
Instructor's Manual author
Contact: Michael Roche, Editor, m.r...@sixredmarbles.com

Introduction to Business
Chapter Reviewers
Test bank, Instructor's manual author
Contact: Michael Roche, Editor, m.r...@sixredmarbles.com

Organizational Behavior
Chapter Authors
Chapter Reviewers
Test bank, Instructor's manual author
Contact: Michael Roche, Editor, m.r...@sixredmarbles.com

Webinars

Business Statistics webinar
With author Alexander Holmes, University of Oklahoma

Economics, Second Editions (Principles, Micro, Macro) webinar
With author Steve Greenlaw, University Mary Washington
Wednesday, October 4, 11 am CDT: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6707311584166126083

Developmental Math (Prealgebra, Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra) webinar
With author Lynn Marecek, Santa Ana College

OpenStax and OER, a quick overview webinar
Short, general webinar about OpenStax and OER

Additional Faculty Resources via OER Commons Community Hubs

Rice and OpenStax Logonicole finkbeiner
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, INSTITUTIONAL RELATIONS

OpenStax, Rice University                 Phone (713) 348-2972                  Web openstax.org

Mary Schutten

Oct 9, 2017, 6:27:17 PM10/9/17
to SPARC Libraries & OER Forum
Hello Nicole,
I was asked by my Chair to look into reviewing OER material on Management and Supervision. Can you please tell me more about this program.  I have revised two classes to be online and use OER materials.  You mentioned there was a document to read attached but they forwarded it to me and I didn't see this doc. attached.

Thank you!
Mary

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 8:40:10 AM UTC-7, Nicole Finkbeiner wrote:
[...]

Contact: Alisha McCarthy, amccarthy@wisewire.com

Entrepreneurship