OER Bazaar

Metter, Ellen

Oct 6, 2017, 9:41:08 PM10/6/17
to sparc-...@arl.org

Dear OER Mavens,

First a thank you to list members for sharing your expertise!  When folks at our Library put together an “OER Bazaar” this past summer, at the Colorado Learning and Teaching with Technology (COLTT17) conference, we definitely made use of the liboer list search function for ideas.

COLTT is attended primarily by faculty, instructional designers, and librarians, and the Bazaar was intended to offer basic OER information, as well as persuasive material to encourage OER adoption.  The aim was to look like a colorful Middle East market, and the crystal ball (“Is OER in your future?”) and fortunes (OER Skeptic and Optimist slips) supported the theme. There were three tables “Define,” “Identify,” and “Evaluate.”

Main photos and handouts are at this dropbox site: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t6ixh9k4pe1x84e/AAAKgjAXJ_97VtC_ZuoIFLmBa?dl=0

If you were thinking of replicating any or all of the Bazaar, I’m happy to share the better quality graphics and handout materials.  Just one item is currently up on Wikimedia Commons; the OER Milestones.

Hope to meet many of you next week at OpenEd.  I’ll be a first timer.

Ellen

Ellen Metter | Auraria Library | 303-556-4516

Researcher Support Services Librarian | Program Lead, Collection Management

1100 Lawrence Street | Denver, CO 80204 |
http://library.auraria.edu