Open Access Companion to the Canterbury Tales

rlp

Oct 20, 2017, 5:12:31 PM10/20/17
to SPARC Libraries & OER Forum
Hi all,

This OER work was officially released today. One of our professors, Brantley Bryant, is part of the Editorial Collective who put it together. I wanted to share in case you have instructors in Canterbury Tales. It was designed for the college/university level but is likely appropriate for high school as well.

Kindest regards,
Rita

The Open Access Companion to the Canterbury Tales (OACCT) is a volume of introductory chapters for first-time, university-level readers of Geoffrey Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales. The chapters have been created and edited by professional scholars of Chaucer, and all material is released open access and free of charge for classroom, scholarly, and personal use.

There are two kinds of material available here. Essay chapters explore each of the tales in relation to an engaging topic of broad general interest, while reference chapters provide key context and tools for understanding the Canterbury Tales and its time period. In the future, more material will be added to this project: teaching resources, reader contributions, and new essay chapters that consider tales from additional viewpoints and in relation to different topics.

site menu is located at the bottom of every page for easy navigation. To return to this page you can click on the title at the top of each page. New readers may wish to start with our User’s Guide for ideas about how to read, use, and get the most out of this resource.

https://opencanterburytales.dsl.lsu.edu

Rita Premo

Scholarly Communications Librarian

Jean and Charles Schulz Information Center

Sonoma State University

Rohnert Park, CA 94928

Phone: 707-664-4196

Email: pr...@sonoma.edu