OER article in our student newspaper

Regina Gong

Oct 23, 2017, 9:02:57 AM10/23/17
to CCCOER Advisory, sparc-...@arl.org
Good morning everyone and happy Open Access Week,

I just want to let you know of this excellent article from our student newspaper The Lookout regarding the OER Project here at Lansing CC. It's really nice to have it featured again in our student newspaper because it helps to spread the word out about OER and our efforts towards textbook affordability.

Thanks,

Regina

Regina Gong, MLIS

Open Educational Resources (OER) Project Manager

Manager of Technical Services and Systems

Lansing Community College Library

517-483-1663 | lcc.edu/library

Tina Ulrich

Oct 23, 2017, 9:49:32 AM10/23/17
to Regina Gong, CCCOER Advisory, SPARC Libraries & OER Forum
Excellent article!  Your admin's commitment to lowering the cost of college and fairly compensating faculty is an inspiration!

Tina Ulrich

Director of Library Services
Osterlin Library
1701 E. Front St.
Traverse City, MI   49686

Support Free and Open Textbooks!

Christopher Barnes - Gettysburg College

Oct 23, 2017, 10:32:43 AM10/23/17
to SPARC Libraries & OER Forum
Thanks for sharing, Regina!

Can't resist doing the same for the terrific article on OER and the Textbook Crisis that appeared in our student newspaper, The Gettysburgian.

A wonderful OA Week to all!

All best,
Chris

Christopher Barnes, PhD, MSI
Scholarly Communications Librarian
Gettysburg College
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

Lauren Burrow

Oct 24, 2017, 9:03:56 PM10/24/17
to SPARC Libraries & OER Forum
That is awesome and inspiring! May I ask, can you give me a breakdown of what the $ invested from the admin went towards?? Thanks!