Clinical Psychology OER

matt.s...@cnu.edu

Oct 3, 2017, 4:57:59 PM10/3/17
to SPARC Libraries & OER Forum

Hello all.

Has anyone had luck looking for OERs pertaining to clinical psychology?  I’ve found plenty of general psychology OER (such as OpenStax and Noba) but haven’t been able to find anything that covers clinical psychology effectively.

I’m fielding a request from a professor looking to find an equivalent to Clinical Psychology: Science, Practice, and Culture (4th ed.) by Andrew Pomerantz.  The desired topics are an introduction to clinical psychology, its history, ethics, and information about the different aspects of psychotherapy.

Requests for help with OER are rare on my campus so I’d very much like to offer this professor something that will work for her class.

Thank you for any suggestions!

Matt Shelley

Assistant Instruction Librarian

Christopher Newport University

Chris Adcock

Oct 3, 2017, 5:07:04 PM10/3/17
to SPARC Libraries & OER Forum
Hello Matt,

Here is a Saylor Clinical Psych Text (shown in OER Commons frame): https://www.oercommons.org/courses/clinical-psychology

Chris Adcock

Laura Robbins

Oct 3, 2017, 7:54:39 PM10/3/17
to Chris Adcock, SPARC Libraries & OER Forum
Have you looked at Noba Project: http://nobaproject.com/ ?  My understanding is that it's a psychology collection curated by Ed and Carol Diener.  It includes instructor manuals, text banks, and slides.  You may find something there.

Laura
Associate Director of Access Services
Hazy Library & Learning Center
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University