insurance reports/gifts & losses- Alma Analytics

Laura NewtonMiller

Jul 28, 2021, 12:39:18 PM7/28/21
to arl-a...@arl.org, Laura Newton Miller (Laura.NewtonMiller@carleton.ca)

Hi Everyone,

Each year we are tasked to complete an insurance report and a gifts and losses report. We used to have Sierra & have recently moved to Alma. The way we used to do things was very convoluted & confusing & I'm attempting to review these processes. I’m making an assumption that other libraries do similar things. Does anyone have particular standard costs that you use for the cost per book or per serial/miscellaneous items? Do you have any Alma analytics tips you use to create your reports you'd be willing to share offline? (Please forward to appropriate person if you do not do this yourself). I can share with the group if there is interest.

Insurance report- we give the value of the collection in our main library building & another value for the collection in our storage facility, and the university insures us for a certain amount

Gifts & Losses- University Finance needs info as they include the value of our library collection as part of our capital assets in our financial statements- We need to add the value of new items, and remove items that are no longer used. In other words- the report is required b/c the library collection is a university asset

Any help you could provide would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Laura

(As Assessment Librarian I am the “messenger” of these reports to our University Finance Dept but someone else in-house creates them)

Laura Newton Miller, MLIS, MEd

Head, Collections & Assessment

Carleton University Library

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada