LibInsights Dashboard

M Hood

Jul 13, 2021, 8:52:06 AM7/13/21
to ARL ASSESS
Hello all,

I'm relatively new to this position, and requesting some information.

I reached out to SpringShare to see if they could provide an example of various institutions who had implemented the LibInsights dashboard (made public) onto their webpage.  It has been helpful to see the community of various LibGuides, and was hoping there was something similar in regards to LibInsights Dashboard feature.

Have any of you implemented the LibInsights dashboard to display visualizations for your library?  Which visualizations have provided useful?

Any other visualization tools instead of LibInsights (and Tableau) that are displayed on your library's website?

Thank you in advance for sharing.

Martha Hood
Assessment & Planning
University of Houston - Clear Lake
Houston, Texas

Becker, Louis Thacher

Jul 13, 2021, 10:12:08 AM7/13/21
to ARL ASSESS

Hi Martha (and all),

At Tennessee, we’ve used Microsoft PowerBI to provide some graphs of various library metrics on our website (links within https://www.lib.utk.edu/assessment/statistics/.  PowerBI graphs can be embedded inline in webpages, but we’ve had some trouble getting them to play nicely with the university’s WordPress template requirements. Discuss any options you’re investigating with your webmaster…  We also use PowerBI (on an internal server) to share more extensive visualizations for other projects (collections analysis, survey results, etc.) with library staff. I’m happy to discuss the pros and cons of this approach individually if you’re interested.

Best,

Louis

--

Louis Becker
Assessment Programs Librarian

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
306 Hodges Library
1015 Volunteer Blvd.
Knoxville, TN 37996

lbe...@utk.edu

M Hood

Jul 15, 2021, 9:09:03 AM7/15/21
to ARL ASSESS
Thank you all for the reponses - - It has indeed helped!

Martha Hood
University of Houston - Clear Lake

M Hood

Jul 22, 2021, 4:21:29 PM7/22/21
to ARL ASSESS
All,

I have compiled the websites shared by others on various visualization dashboards.  I have also included a few I discovered in my research. CARL (Canadian Association of Research Libraries) has a portal of resources on creating dashboards and provides examples (although it isn't always clear what was used).  These are included in the attached summary.
Thanks to those who shared as it truly helps me in moving forward.  There are so many possibilities!

Best - Martha Hood
On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 7:52 AM M Hood <mho...@gmail.com> wrote:
--
Visualization Tools.docx