LibPMC Conference Board is seeking new members CORRECTION

Frankie Wilson

Apr 26, 2022, 8:27:48 AM4/26/22
to ARL ASSESS

Apologies – there was a typo in the submission email address in the below message – it should be in...@libraryperformance.org (now corrected below too).

Clearly we need to add proofreading to our desired skillset!

Best,

frankie

Dr Frankie Wilson

Head of Assessment

Bodleian Libraries

University of Oxford

Clarendon Building

Broad Street

Oxford

OX1 3BG

ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3406-2309

Currently reading: The Chronicles of St Mary’s

With apologies for cross-posting

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The LibPMC Conference Board is seeking members

The Conference Board for the International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries (LibPMC) is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join the organising committee for the 15th LibPMC conference, which will take place online in 2023.

Being a member of the organising committee provides opportunities for building international networks, continuing your personal development, and becoming a leader/influencer in the field of assessment and performance measurement in libraries. Committee members receive free registration for the conference (including accommodation when it is not virtual). You also get to work with a fun and extremely supportive group of people from around the world.

Applicants are welcome from library and information professionals from any sector (public, academic, special libraries), including practitioners (early career and established) and academics (PhD students, early career researchers and faculty).  We welcome skillsets that are helpful for conference planning such as: communications, project management, online platforms (including considerations of accessibility and online community building/networking) secretarial, and finances.  An interest in the field of library performance measurement/assessment and/or user experience is desirable, and applicants are encouraged from all career stages and levels of experience with performance measurement/assessment/user experience.  We particularly welcome applications from individuals from under-represented communities.

About the conference

LibPMC brings together practitioners, researchers, educators and students interested in all aspects of performance measurement in library and information services in any context. Library performance measurement (also known as library assessment) is the endeavour of determining and communicating how a library is performing, with the aim of driving improvement. There are three key features of library performance measurement: focus on stakeholders, the goal of improving services to meet stakeholder needs using evidence, and communication of the results and outcomes of improvements to stakeholder groups. Past conferences have provided a mix of invited speakers, contributed papers, and workshops designed to stimulate discussion, provide ideas for measuring and improving library performance, and develop new concepts and techniques to advance the field. Additional information about the conference, including links to past proceedings, are available on our website: https://libraryperformance.org/.

Role of Board Members

The conference planning committee for the 15th conference will be active for approximately 18 months from mid-2022 until the conference in summer 2023 (including time post-conference to complete administrative tasks). We also wish to recruit longer-term board members who can commit to two or more conference planning cycles.

Committee members meet online on a monthly basis and are asked to take responsibility for functions related to the conference, or to form subgroups as needed, working between the meetings for around 2-3 hours a month.  The conference is truly managed and run by the committee members. Roles include project management, communications, programme content, technical (online platforms), sponsorship liaison, speaker relationship management, finances, and secretarial.  In the 3 weeks preceding the conference, and for the duration of the conference, the time required significantly increases as board members play a key role in communicating with attendees, chairing sessions, liaising with speakers, providing technical support, hosting networking and informal activities, and evaluation.

How to apply

Applicants should email in...@libraryperfomance.org with a short statement describing how your skills/experience/interest would be of benefit to the Board.  The deadline for submissions is 20 May 2022.

If you have any questions or want an informal conversation ahead of applying, please contact any of the Board members or the above email address – we would be delighted to chat with you.

Best regards,

Frankie Wilson (Chair) frankie...@bodleian.ox.ac.uk

Elaine Sykes (Secretary) e.sy...@lancaster.ac.uk

Ciara McCaffrey (Treasurer) Ciara.M...@ul.ie