Recent Learning Analytics Presentation Links

Megan Oakleaf

Jul 7, 2021, 9:15:28 AM7/7/21
to arl-a...@arl.org

Hi all!

I’ve had the pleasure of working with amazing colleagues on a few learning analytics presentations over the last few months at CNI, ACRL, and ALA.  In case any of you would like to take a look, I’m sharing the links below.  Let me know if you have any trouble with them!

(1)                Oakleaf, M., Croxton, B., Varnum, K., Pirillo, J., & Kabo, F. (2021, June). Using learning analytics to support students in the academic library. Presented at ALA Annual Conference, Online. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oy1pYdsYweWqdJiuS9gXdRrdFhgKVXJy/view

(2)                Oakleaf, M., Croxton, B., Cawthorne, J., Levine-Clark, M., & Varnum, K. (2021, April). We can do both: Learning analytics can support student and protect privacy. Presented at ACRL National Conference, Online. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y1o3Mg-2s-enTGaUhbPwvLdFcECRRdMV/view

(3)                Oakleaf, M., Kabo, F., Cawthorne, J., & Teasley, S. (2021, April). What will you do? Libraries and learning analytics. Presented at ACRL National Conference, Online. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wpw6rp38hhqb64UuVTAH_mIot-_guQX-/view

(4)                Varnum, K., Oakleaf, M., & Nackerud, S. (2021, March). Adding a library profile to Caliper: Bringing the library into the campus learning analytics conversation. Presented at Coalition of Networked Information Spring Virtual Membership Meeting, Online. https://www.cni.org/topics/assessment/adding-a-library-profile-to-caliper-bringing-the-library-into-the-campus-learning-analytics-conversation

Some of these (maybe all) refer to the LIILA and CLLASS grants…links to the final white papers for these projects are here:

https://library.educause.edu/-/media/files/library/2018/11/liila.pdf

https://library.educause.edu/-/media/files/library/2020/12/cllassfinalwhitepaper.pdf

All the best,

Megan

Megan Oakleaf
Associate Professor
Director of Online Student Engagement

iSchool
Syracuse University

343 Hinds Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244
ischool.syr.edu | moak...@syr.edu
www.meganoakleaf.info
she/her/hers

My working hours may not be your working hours.
Please do not feel obligated to reply outside of your normal work schedule.

working from Arapahoe, Cheyenne, and Ute land for an institution on Onondaga and Haudenosaunee land

Martha Kyrillidou

Jul 7, 2021, 12:56:15 PM7/7/21
to Megan Oakleaf, arl-a...@arl.org
Megan's presentations remind me of the IPEDS student unit data feasibility studies done in 2005.  These studies have been mentioned in some of the discussions we have had about the future of the Academic Library survey as the debate within IPEDS continues as to whether the "establishment" surveys need to go away and be replaced by "student unit data" data frameworks.

Food for thought -- and thank you, Megan, for sharing the slides.

Kind regards, Martha

Martha Kyrillidou, PhD, MEd, MLS | QualityMetrics, LLC | Helping Libraries Achieve Success

I work flexibly - so whilst it suits me to email now, I do not expect a response or action outside of your own working hours.

Martha Kyrillidou

Jul 7, 2021, 12:56:19 PM7/7/21
to Megan Oakleaf, arl-a...@arl.org
And here's the link to the IPEDS Student Unit Record study: