eLife and Collaborative Knowledge Foundation partner to deliver open-source submission and peer-review platform

1 view

Emily Packer

Sep 20, 2017, 11:23:42 AM9/20/17
to SPARC OA Forum
[With apologies for cross-posting]

Hi all,

I thought you might be interested in the announcement from eLife and the Collaborative Knowledge Foundation (Coko) that we have partnered to build a new open-source submission and peer-review platform.

By joining forces, we hope to accelerate progress in delivering a modern, fast and user-driven system. The project will be designed to help streamline communications between authors, editors and reviewers at all stages of the submission and review process.

Giuliano Maciocci, eLife’s Head of Product, says: “The tasks of submitting and reviewing a manuscript should not be difficult, and any time spent on the administration of these processes could be better spent on ensuring the quality of the research itself. As such, the design of the system will ensure that all stakeholders are required to interact with it only when their input will have the most impact. Time is an important resource, and we hope our platform will help the publishing process require less of it from both authors and editors.”

Please see the full announcement for further details: https://elifesciences.org/for-the-press/67d013c4/elife-and-collaborative-knowledge-foundation-partner-to-deliver-open-source-submission-and-peer-review-platform

As ever, if you’d like any more information or to speak with someone further, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Emily

--

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.