OASPA Assessment of Single Journal Applications and DOAJ

Leyla Williams

Aug 8, 2018, 3:55:44 PM8/8/18
to sparc-...@arl.org
Dear all,

Applications to OASPA have been rapidly increasing, in particular from single journals. Given the overlap in the screening criteria between DOAJ and OASPA, and that DOAJ is primarily an index of reputable open-access journals, we have agreed with the DOAJ that, with immediate effect, all single journals that apply to OASPA will now be referred to the DOAJ if the journal is not already listed in DOAJ. We feel that this is also in the best interests of single journal applicants because indexing by the DOAJ is the most effective way for those journals to increase their visibility, which is frequently their stated reason for applying to join OASPA.

Our full announcement is here: https://oaspa.org/oaspa-assessment-of-single-journal-applications-and-doaj/

Best wishes,
Leyla
—————
Leyla Williams
Events and Communications Coordinator
Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, OASPA