Research funders renew commitment to transforming science publishing

Emily Packer

Jun 17, 2016, 9:53:06 AM6/17/16
to SPARC OA Forum

[Please forgive cross-posting]

eLife recently announced that our three funders – the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, the Max Planck Society, and the Wellcome Trust – are extending their support for the non-profit initiative. We issued a press release (https://elifesciences.org/elife-news/research-funders-renew-commitment-to-transforming-science-publishing), and Nature wrote a news piece (http://www.nature.com/news/open-access-journal-elife-gets-25-million-boost-1.20005).

The open-access eLife journal was the first step in eLife’s mission to help scientists accelerate discovery by operating a platform for research communication that encourages and recognises the most responsible behaviours in science. Now, our Executive Director, Mark Patterson, has provided some additional commentary on how the organisation has met and is continuing to meet this goal thanks to the support from its funders.

For anyone interested in reading the full piece, you can find it here: https://elifesciences.org/elife-news/a-time-for-renewal.

Many thanks,

Emily

--

Emily Packer
Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.