Setting your cites on open – a blog post from eLife and PLOS

Emily Packer

Apr 21, 2017, 9:51:26 AM4/21/17
to SPARC OA Forum

Hi all,

As you’re likely already aware, the Initiative for Open Citations (I4OC) was launched a couple of weeks ago on April 6, 2017. Over the course of about six months, the initiative has made a large fraction of the citation data that link all scholarship freely available.

Mark Patterson, eLife’s Executive Director, and Catriona MacCallum, PLOS Advocacy Director, are both involved in the I4OC. They have written a blog post explaining more about how the initiative began and where it could lead.

You can read the full post here: https://elifesciences.org/elife-news/setting-your-cites-open

For more information about the I4OC: https://i4oc.org

If you’d like to speak to us further about the initiative and eLife’s involvement, please just let me know.

Best wishes,

Emily

--

eLife's early-career researcher travel grants 2017 are now open for applications. Visit https://elifesciences.org/elife-news/inside-elife-2017-travel-grants-early-career-researchers-now-open-applications.

Emily Packer
Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.