Final Report of the Pay It Forward project now available

1 view

Ivy Anderson

Jul 28, 2016, 9:30:44 AM7/28/16
to sparc-...@arl.org

[Distributed to multiple lists – please excuse any duplication]

Dear Colleagues,

We’re pleased to announce the availability of the final report of the Pay It Forward project, a joint research effort of the University of California at Davis and the California Digital Library to investigate a sustainable model of open access article processing charges for large North American research institutions.  The report and related materials can be found at: http://icis.ucdavis.edu/?page_id=713.

We would like to thank our university research partners on the grant (Harvard University, Ohio State University, and the University of British Columbia, along with the nine remaining University of California campuses), as well as our industry partner organizations (Thomson-Reuters, Elsevier, and the Association of Professional and Learned Society Publishers), for their invaluable contributions to this effort.   The CDL/UC Davis project team is solely responsible for the findings and conclusions in the report.  We hope our work will make an authentic contribution to future developments in scholarly communication and look forward to a continuing robust discussion of these issues.

We especially thank the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation for its generous support of this project.

Best,

Ivy Anderson

Director of Collections

California Digital Library

University of California, Office of the President

ivy.an...@ucop.edu  |  http://cdlib.org