July 12th Twitter Chat on Future of Open Scholarship in the Humanities and Social Sciences

Leyla Williams

Jun 26, 2017, 10:33:29 AM6/26/17
to sparc-...@arl.org

Dear all,

On Wednesday, July 12, 2017, OASPA will host a live Twitter chat on the future of open scholarship in the Humanities and Social Sciences from 3pm-4pm BST. Please join us for the hour by tweeting your questions on the future of open scholarship in the Humanities and Social Sciences using the hashtag #OASPAChat, and our panelists will be there to answer them in realtime.

Panelists Caroline Sutton (Head of Open Scholarship Development at Taylor & Francis and member of the OASPA Board), Rebecca Kennison (Principal of K|N Consultants and the co-founder of the Open Access Network), Dr Jennifer Edmond (Research Fellow and Director of Strategic Projects for the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences at Trinity College Dublin and co-director of the Trinity Center for Digital Humanities) and Ron Dekker (Director of CESSDA) will answer your questions on future of the Humanities and Social Sciences with respect to open scholarship from a range of perspectives.

For timezones other than BST, the event will take place at: 7.00am PDT; 10.00am EDT; 11.00am BRT; 3.00pm WAT; 4.00pm CEST/EET/SAST; 11.00pm KST; 12.00am + 1 day AEST.

If you missed our recent webinar on the future of open scholarship in the Humanities and Social Sciences, the recording and slides from the webinar, along with other past webinars, can be found here: https://oaspa.org/information-resources/oaspa-webinars/

OASPA will be moderating the questions tweeted on the hashtag, and we’ll aim to get as many questions answered as possible during the chat. The chat is open to everyone, so please do spread the word to anyone you think might be interested. If you have any further questions regarding the chat, please don’t hesitate to contact Leyla Williams, OASPA's Events and Communications Coordinator, at leyla.w...@oaspa.org.

This announcement can be found on the OASPA blog here: https://oaspa.org/july-12th-twitter-chat-future-open-scholarship-humanities-social-sciences/