USETDA 2018 Conference - Call for Proposals Deadline Extended through March 16th

John Hagen

Mar 1, 2018, 10:22:47 AM3/1/18
to sparc-...@arl.org
USETDA 2018 Conference Call for Proposals

Proposals for papers, presentations, panel sessions and posters are invited for USETDA 2018, the 8th annual conference of the US Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Association. USETDA 2018 will be held September 12th – 14th at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Denver, Colorado, hosted by the Auraria Library and Brigham Young University.

USETDA 2018 will provide excellent educational opportunities for professionals from graduate schools, libraries, academic computing and others who work with electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs), institutional repositories, graduate students and scholarly communications. Our goal is to offer relevant, practice-oriented content to support ETD productivity improvement, ETD professionals, advance ETD operations and encourage the formation of regional ETD associations and networking communities as well as to provide useful and innovative resources, standards, and technology for the development and support of ETD programs. Proposals are welcome from library, graduate school and information technology professionals, graduate students and faculty as well as library and information systems / services representatives.

The conference theme “Climbing Ever Higher – Summit on Scholarly Communications in Graduate Education” will focus on the impact and implications of connecting scholars and research from across the country and around the world. We will examine the present use and availability of ETDs and related initiatives while also exploring new and emerging ETD practices, needs, and influences impacting administrative, graduate school and library professionals.

We are also pleased to announce our keynote speaker will be Maureen Terese McCarthy, PhD, Director of Best Practices and Advancement at the Council of Graduate Schools. McCarthy has led CGS Future of the Doctorate projects including the Future of the Doctoral Dissertation workshop and community discussions.

Broadening notions of PhD career paths; team science; big data: so much about doctoral education is changing. Should dissertations change too? If so, how? In her keynote address, McCarthy will discuss how emerging technologies and other innovations in doctoral training may shape the PhD dissertation of the future.

Deadline: Proposals should be submitted on or before March 16, 2018 to be considered.

For complete information and to submit your proposal visit the Call for Proposals Webpage.

--

United States Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Association (USETDA)
PO Box 97