Preliminary Program Announced for COASP 2017

Leyla Williams

May 25, 2017, 7:29:28 AM5/25/17
to sparc-...@arl.org
Dear all,

The preliminary program for the 9th Conference on Open Access Scholarly Publishing, COASP, along with details of how to register for the conference, is now available on our conference page: http://oaspa.org/conference. The conference will be held at the Altis Grand Hotel in Lisbon, Portugal, on the 20th and 21st September, 2017.

We have the following speakers confirmed: Jean-Claude Burgelman (European Commission), Jessica Polka (ASAPbio), Louise Page (PLOS), Robert Kiley (Wellcome Trust), Vanessa Proudman (SPARC Europe), Mikael Laakso (Hanken School of Economics), Danny Kingsley (University of Cambridge), Jean-Sébastien Caux (University of Amsterdam), Paul Peters (Hindawi), Tony Ross-Hallauer (Goettingen State and University Library), Edit Görögh (Goettingen State and University Library), Liz Allen (F1000), Anke Beck (De Gruyter), Lara Speicher (UCL Press), Jonas Gurell (Swedish Research Council), Susan Veldsman (ASSaF), Colleen Campbell (Max Planck Digital Library), David Shotton (OpenCitations), Paul Shannon (eLife), Martin Quack (ETH Zürich), and Aina Svensson (Uppsala University Library).

Discounted hotel accommodation is available at the conference venue, the Altis Grand Hotel in Lisbon, Portugal, through our Registrations and Accommodations page: http://oaspa.org/registrations-and-accommodation/. OASPA staff have stayed at the hotel ourselves and can highly recommend it. The hotel is holding these discounted rooms for us until the end of May, after which there will be no more rooms available, so you are advised to book your room now if you would like to stay at the Altis.

Now in its 9th year, COASP is a vital conference for the open access publishing community to gather, advance and develop discussions, relationships, policy and research around open access publishing. As in previous years, delegates from a wide range of backgrounds will be brought together for an exciting range of panels, events, and networking opportunities. We are proud to consistently offer global, diverse perspectives on publishing each year, and welcome attendees at all stages of their careers who work in publishing, librarianship, government, higher education, funding agencies, nonprofits, and other affiliated industries. Community and collaboration is at the heart of open access publishing, and we are excited to offer both again at COASP this year for all those working in open access around the world.

A pre-conference reception for delegates will be held on the evening of Tuesday 19th September. Early bird registration fees are available until June 15th.

Best wishes,
Leyla

Leyla Williams
Events and Communications Coordinator
Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association, OASPA
oaspa.org | Twitter: @OASPA