Apply now for a scholarship to attend FSCI 2018

1 view

Jennifer McLennan

Apr 24, 2018, 9:21:51 AM4/24/18
to scho...@ala.org, sparc-...@arl.org, boai-...@ecs.soton.ac.uk, go...@eprints.org

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Applications for the Force11 Scholarly Communications Institute (#FSCI2018), to be held July 30 - August 3 in San Diego, California, are now being accepted. Anyone intending to attend may submit an application for complimentary tuition or limited travel support via the link below.

Apply now

The deadline for submissions is May 11, 2018.

There are two types of scholarships available: tuition and travel. Each is for a fixed amount and is intended to cover a portion of the anticipated costs. Our goal is to provide some support to as many applicants as possible given the total funding available for distribution. Except in cases of particular hardship, we do not have funding available in addition to these fixed scholarships.

Available Scholarships

  1. Tuition Scholarship - Full complimentary tuition
  2. Travel Scholarships ($850 for US/Canada and $1,200 outside US/Canada)

Following the FSCI, scholarship recipients agree to write a blog about their experience and complete a survey to provide feedback.

Scholarships have been provided with funding from The SSHRC Future Commons Partnership and University of Virginia Data Institute.  A funding application has been also been submitted to the National Science Foundation and we are awaiting their approval.  See Donor List.

To be considered for scholarships, please complete the following form.

SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM

---

ABOUT FSCI

The FORCE11 Scholarly Communications Institute at the University of California, San Diego is a week long summer training course, incorporating intensive coursework, seminar participation, group activities, lectures and hands-on training. Participants will attend courses taught by world-wide leading experts in scholarly communications. Participants will also have the opportunity  to discuss the latest trends and gain expertise in new technologies in research flow, new forms of publication, new standards and expectations, and new ways of measuring and demonstrating success that are transforming science and scholarship.

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?

FSCI is intended for anybody who is interested in the developing new world of Scholarly Communication: researchers, librarians, publishers, university and research administration, funders, students, and post docs. There are courses for those who know very little about the current trends and technologies, as well as courses for those who are interested in more advanced topics. Our courses cover Scholarly Communication from a variety of disciplinary and regional and national perspectives. We have courses that will be of interest to the scientist, the social scientist, and the Humanities researcher. There are courses for those who manage, organise, and publish research as well as for the researchers themselves and end-users.

More information about #FSCI2018 is available on our website at https://www.force11.org/fsci/2018

--
Jennifer McLennan
Head of External Relations, eLife