eLife enhances open annotation with Hypothesis to promote scientific discussion online

Emily Packer

Feb 13, 2018, 8:53:53 AM2/13/18
to SPARC OA Forum

Hi all,

We’re pleased to announce that eLife, in collaboration with Hypothesis, has today introduced open annotation to enable users of its website to make comments, highlight important sections of articles and engage with the reading public online.

The open-source Hypothesis software has been extensively customised for use by eLife and other publishers. New moderation features, single sign-on authentication and user-interface customisation options now give publishers more control over the implementation of the software on their sites, and should result in higher-quality discussions around published scholarly content.

Please see the full announcement here for more details: https://elifesciences.org/for-the-press/81d42f7d/elife-enhances-open-annotation-with-hypothesis-to-promote-scientific-discussion-online

If you’d like more information about our work with Hypothesis, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Emily

--

Emily Packer
Senior Press Officer

+44 1223 855373 (office)

http://elifesciences.org

eLife Sciences Publications, Ltd is a limited liability non-profit non-stock corporation incorporated in the State of Delaware, USA, with company number 5030732, and is registered in the UK with company number FC030576 and branch number BR015634 at the address First Floor, 24 Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JP.