Re: Issue 132 in antares: Doesn't work on retina displays

9 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

ant...@googlecode.com

no leída,
26 ago 2013, 10:59:15 p.m.26/8/13
para antar...@arescentral.org
Updates:
Owner: sfi...@sfzmail.com
Labels: OpSys-OSX Complexity-Medium Milestone-Minor

Comment #1 on issue 132 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Doesn't work on retina
displays
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=132

I've run Antares successfully at a wide variety of resolutions, but never
on a retina display. I'd guess that's the problem. It probably tries to
display things at twice the size it should.

By the way, when you say it works in windowed mode, I assume you mean it
runs and is playable, but not that it actually runs in retina mode, right?
I'd like to support retina well, given that smooth zooming is basically
Ares's thing, but it's hard without the hardware.

Antares changes the screen resolution in full-screen mode so yeah, changing
the resolution in System Preferences->Displays wouldn't help. In versions
of MacOS later than the one 0.6.1 targets, they decided you're not supposed
to change the resolution. I wonder if cases like this are the reason why.

issue notifications to this address.

ant...@googlecode.com

no leída,
26 ago 2013, 11:04:08 p.m.26/8/13
para antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #2 on issue 132 by kauffman...@gmail.com: Doesn't work on retina
displays
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=132

1440x900 is half the max resolution of my screen, so you're probably
correct that it's trying to run it at double size.

When I say that it works in windowed mode, I mean that it seems to work
fine with resolutions up to the apparent resolution chosen in Displays.
Higher resolutions have the obvious problem of being too big for the
screen. I'm not sure what you mean by "running in retina mode".

ant...@googlecode.com

no leída,
26 ago 2013, 11:10:12 p.m.26/8/13
para antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #3 on issue 132 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Doesn't work on retina
displays
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=132

I mean, if you have your screen in HiDPI mode, and run Antares at about the
same resolution as your monitor, I expect that the Antares window will take
up most of the screen, but will use blocks of four pixels (resulting in
non-retina resolution) rather than single pixels (resulting in retina
resolution).

Alternate possibilities I can think of are:
* You have to run Antares at half your monitor's resolution
* Some pixels (e.g. the pictures in the main menu) are blocky and others
(e.g. ships at 1:4 zoom) somehow are not.

ant...@googlecode.com

no leída,
26 ago 2013, 11:12:22 p.m.26/8/13
para antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #4 on issue 132 by kauffman...@gmail.com: Doesn't work on retina
displays
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=132

I've not played enough on this computer to know what's the case with things
that are blocky or not, but this monitor maxes out at 2880x1800 so since
I'm running Antares at 1440x900 (which fills the screen fine) the first
possibility seems to be the case.

ant...@googlecode.com

no leída,
31 mar 2014, 9:56:45 a.m.31/3/14
para antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #5 on issue 132 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Doesn't work on retina
displays
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=132

Is this a crashing bug now? I got another report from a retina display
user, https://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=137, with a crash.

ant...@googlecode.com

no leída,
7 abr 2014, 9:01:56 a.m.7/4/14
para antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #6 on issue 132 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Doesn't work on retina
displays
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=132

Hi, can you try this build?

http://downloads.arescentral.org/Antares/Antares-nightly.zip

In full-screen mode, the game should run fine. In windowed mode, it should
give you real HiDPI support (e.g. you'll see cruisers at full resolution at
1:2 zoom).

ant...@googlecode.com

no leída,
10 jul 2014, 12:05:43 p.m.10/7/14
para antar...@arescentral.org
Updates:

Comment #7 on issue 132 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Doesn't work on retina
displays
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=132

(assumed to be fixed in 0.7.2 with the new retina support; please reopen if
the issue persists)
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar