Issue 136 in antares: Game crashes on pressing F1

ant...@googlecode.com

Feb 12, 2014, 4:54:54 PM2/12/14
to antar...@arescentral.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 136 by Sven.Mel...@gmail.com: Game crashes on pressing F1
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=136

What steps will reproduce the problem?

1. Pressing F1 in-game causes the game to fall to the desktop with no
message.

When first playing, this worked out fine. Now it always crashes. Not sure
what is different, though I have modified the controls.

Running on Macbook Air 11", game version 0.7.1

issue notifications to this address.

ant...@googlecode.com

Feb 12, 2014, 6:18:30 PM2/12/14
to antar...@arescentral.org
Updates:
Owner: sfi...@sfzmail.com
Labels: Milestone-Hotfix Complexity-Medium

Comment #1 on issue 136 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Game crashes on pressing F1
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=136

That's odd. If I understand:

1. When first playing 0.7.1, it didn't crash.
2. Then you changed some keys (but not F1/help).
3. Now, pressing F1 causes a crash.

Although, if you don't see a message afterward, it might not literally be
a "crash". Do you have any crash reports for Antares in
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports?

ant...@googlecode.com

Apr 9, 2014, 6:37:26 AM4/9/14
to antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #2 on issue 136 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Game crashes on pressing F1
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=136

I just had an idea for what could cause this crash. Can you try two things
for me?

Go to the key configurations screen. Open each tab. See if any of them
crash.

Go to the Terminal, enter "defaults read org.arescentral.antares" and hit
return. Give me the output. If you've somehow got a number over 255 in the
key settings, that explains it.

ant...@googlecode.com

Apr 12, 2014, 7:58:35 AM4/12/14
to antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #3 on issue 136 by Sven.Mel...@gmail.com: Game crashes on pressing
F1
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=136

I followed the procedure as you asked. Neither tab caused a crash, but F1
in-game still does.

{
Fullscreen = 1;
KeySettings = (
83,
82,
81,
80,
45,
228,
227,
44,
21,
9,
85,
226,
225,
30,
28,
27,
23,
8,
5,
101,
67,
68,
69,
70,
26,
75,
47,
43,
59,
60,
61,
62,
63,
64,
31,
32,
33,
34,
35,
36,
37,
38,
39,
40
);
PlayGameMusic = 0;
PlayIdleMusic = 1;
Scenario = "com.biggerplanet.ares";
ScreenHeight = 768;
ScreenWidth = 1366;
SpeechOn = 0;
Volume = "0.75";

ant...@googlecode.com

Apr 21, 2014, 9:37:17 AM4/21/14
to antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #4 on issue 136 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Game crashes on pressing F1
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=136

Got it, I think. If you've set backslash as one of your keys, then that
will trigger a crash in the help screen. I'll fix the bug and in the
meantime you should be OK if you change that key to something else.

ant...@googlecode.com

Apr 21, 2014, 9:55:33 AM4/21/14
to antar...@arescentral.org
Updates:

Comment #5 on issue 136 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Game crashes on pressing F1
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=136

ant...@googlecode.com

Apr 22, 2014, 5:29:07 AM4/22/14
to antar...@arescentral.org

Comment #6 on issue 136 by sfi...@sfzmail.com: Game crashes on pressing F1
http://code.google.com/p/antares/issues/detail?id=136

Here's a release candidate for 0.7.2:
http://downloads.arescentral.org/Antares/Antares-0.7.2rc1.zip
Should fix your problem. I'll mark it as final in a few days if so unless I
get word that the issue persists.