Android devices compatible with arduino (1.5.2, due) in programming ADK

천영일

Jun 5, 2013, 1:27:49 AM6/5/13
to devel...@arduino.cc
I have tested some ADK Hello programs with no detection from the app.
My test device is MPGio that is not supported with ADK programming which result I got from numerous tests and talking with MPGio's technical supervisor(?) or consultant.

They said it is needed to be kernel modified and FTDI driver installed. I've installed FTDI driver downloaded in searched related document to my tablet MPGio, and tested their provided simple echo sample but the following message issued only.
'Exception FT_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND in function FT_Open'.

So I am to decide whether I buy - actually my company- the MPGio's related kernel things or not.
Before that I want to know which devices is compatible with Arduino-ADK program.
If anybody knows this, please show the benevolence to let me know the information.

I'm very tired to arrive this point after so much testing, modifying, and questioning.
In fact, When I found my device is not supported to such a programming, I am delighted by knowing the reason to have UsbAccessoryList got null from UsbManager.

I am targeting to Android 4.0.3 and the URI of my questioning with my own answer which never can be a solution is

Anybody there! Please..

Message has been deleted

천영일

Jun 6, 2013, 9:12:45 PM6/6/13
to Developers
I also asked this to the other Korean site named 'Hardroid' -
http://hardroid.net, and was replied with messages
which he wasn't sure that he could name the compatible devices
specifically.
But he was much sure that the reference phones and tablets from Google
Nexus series would compatible with ADK 2012 which might be adopted in
Arduino Due I'm using.
I thank again to Hardroid.
Though pretty enough answer his answer might be, if anybody who can
comment with this subject, please leave any message with this subject
for reference.
> answer which never can be a solution ishttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/16850133/undetected-usb-accessory-...
>
> Anybody there! Please..

Kristian Sloth Lauszus

Jun 8, 2013, 11:01:22 AM6/8/13
to devel...@arduino.cc
Hi,

In my experience the USB host functionality on the Due is really bad supported.

I'm a developer on the USB Host shield: https://github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0. You might want to use that instead, but currently the Due is not supported, but only AVRs.

Also the FTDI driver on your Android phone has nothing to do with the ADK whatsoever.
Your phone need to support the Android Open Acessory protocol. You can find more information about it here: http://source.android.com/tech/accessories/index.html.

Also you might be interested in the following video about the ADK support for the Due: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1PCFE1LlC4.
Check out the official source code your self and I think you will see his point.

As long as you don't need Audio support you can use the first version of the Android Open Accessory protocol just fine. Check out this page for more information: http://source.android.com/tech/accessories/aoap/aoa2.html.

Hope this answers some of your questions :)

Regards
Lauszus

천영일

Jun 8, 2013, 8:30:11 PM6/8/13
to devel...@arduino.cc
Thanks, Kristian for many remarkable things for me.
Actually, I'm off duty until Tuesday when I can do with my test environment.
But I'm sure your comments would be good advice for me.

천영일

Jun 24, 2013, 10:19:35 PM6/24/13
to devel...@arduino.cc

The result is this. We, my company has decided to change the model of tablet, and the board. What surprised me is that the ADK.h in newer version of Arduino board does not work with new tablet working on Jelly Bean (Android SDK 4.2.2) while AndroidAccessory.h does work. I almost omitted the fact we changed the board from Due to Mega_ADK. I heard that the Due does not work with ADK properly from my colleage who contacted the vendor in Korea, but actually I can't believe this because I had seen the U-tube file working Due with device I don't remember the model (probably HTC's).

I'd finished USB-Accessory job with newer tablet ASUS Memo-pad with success. I don't know the exact reason of not working with ADK.h in sketch right now.

Bruno Yuzo

Feb 13, 2014, 8:51:05 PM2/13/14
to devel...@arduino.cc
I did this example "http://android-er.blogspot.com.br/2013/03/adk-example-control-arduino-due-led.html", and worked well.
Phone: 4.1.2 GT-S6812B

Bruno Yuzo

Feb 17, 2014, 8:57:52 AM2/17/14
to devel...@arduino.cc
The video example working: http://goo.gl/FGmYLe

Processing + Eclipse + Android + Arduino Due
Phone: 4.1.2 GT-S6812B