Pressure Sensor for use with Arduino ??

Dave

Oct 15, 2021, 2:43:53 PM10/15/21
to devel...@arduino.cc

Just wondering if anyone can suggest one that will work from (say)
-20psi to +30psi (-140kpa to +200kpa).

It *MUST* be able to measure vacuum.

I have found several pressure transducers on line but they either only
support +ve pressure or are rather expensive.

Regards
Dave

John Davis

Oct 15, 2021, 3:54:31 PM10/15/21
to devel...@arduino.cc
A long time ago I used an abs break part for a vacuum pressure gauge.  Go to mouser or dig okey and search for transducers with your specied range.

John F. Davis
6 Kandes Court
Durham, NC 27713
919-888-8358
Public Profile https://www.linkedin.com/in/netskink

独树一帜

Pierce Nichols

Oct 16, 2021, 7:50:41 PM10/16/21
to Arduino Developers
I think what you want is an absolute pressure transducer rather than a
gauge (i.e. referenced to atmosphere) pressure transducer. That will
give you the data you want.

-p
> --

Pierce Nichols
Principal Engineer
Logos Electromechanical, LLC

Mikael.Fernstrom

Oct 17, 2021, 6:30:06 AM10/17/21
to Arduino Developers
I used the MPX5010GP for a number of past projects. It works great with Arduino. The 5010 comes with a number of options regarding pressure and configurations.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/MPX5010.pdf

best regards

Mikael