[Q] Multiple concurrent PCINTs on same vector.

Dave

Jul 6, 2021, 2:51:20 PM7/6/21
to devel...@arduino.cc

Hi, I am writing some code to sample some data lines at interrupt time.

The interrupt source is 8 signals that route to PCINT pins that should
all cause the same vector to be called (if I understand PCINTs correctly).

My question is this - what happens if multiple bits change at the same
(or nearly same within a microsecond) instant??

Is it like normal interrupts that handle the interrupts in some
sequence, or is it or'ed in some way and will call the vector only once ??

Regards,
Dave

Rob Tillaart

Jul 6, 2021, 3:41:27 PM7/6/21
to Arduino Developers
Depends, if they share the same vector the irq routine has to / can scan all possible sources and handle all of them.

Have a look at the pcint library of graynomad for the uno.