Color Coding with IDE 1.6.x (keywords.txt)

Nevada Smith

Apr 23, 2015, 1:14:50 PM4/23/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
IDE 1.6.x introduced new color coding schemes. I noticed there are way more different colors than before.

As a library developer I want to provide a nice API and of course I want to color highlight some special typedefs or MAKROs.
So I need to know what colors are what KEYWORD etc and what it is intended to be used for, so variables dont get the color of functions for example.

May someone document this somewhere or show me the link if its already done?

Thx
Nevada

Tom Igoe

Apr 23, 2015, 1:21:48 PM4/23/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
It used to be documented in keywords.txt, I believe. I assume it still is, though I haven’t looked at that file in a long time.

t.

Ricardo JL Rufino

Apr 23, 2015, 3:07:41 PM4/23/15
to devel...@arduino.cc
          // KEYWORD1 Classes, datatypes
          // KEYWORD2 Methods and functions
          // KEYWORD3 setup and loop functions, reserved words
          // LITERAL1 Constants
          // LITERAL2 Built-in variables (INPUT,OUTPUT,CHANGE,FALLING)

You need to use only
KEYWORD1
KEYWORD2
LITERAL1